2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

More than 2M people watching Kamala live on Obama’s live feed. Vibes?

https://x.com/mattmfm/status/1849599913421594930?t=0AavxFvtCSkz6YZYGDVQoQ&s=19

1 Like

We have a whole thread dedicated to if the economy is good in a time of unprecedented prosperity. There’s a fair amount of doomerism here

Harris has run a good campaign. The choice here is obvious. They’ve made a good case.

The scary bit here is that it’s possible a majority of Americans are ok with a fascist. It’s comforting, in a way, to think the democrats are the problem. However, if Trump wins the problem is Americans, which is far worse imo

4 Likes

Yeah the bottom 50-60% don’t see it that way because they aren’t getting their share.

250,000 rounds of ammunition

Imagine the economic anxiety you must have when you can only afford tens of thousands of dollars of ammo.

1 Like

Homie that bottom 50-60% is better off than any time before in history.

1 Like

Been thinking more about the Marist early voter poll. Am I making things up that media had decided not to start publishing exit polls while polls still open in states after GWB election? This essentially an exit poll right?

I seem to remember getting some exit polls at like 5pm back in 2020?

5pm is when they release, but you’ll probably have some sort of leak before

Lifted screenshot off Reddit because of Nate paywallaments but apparently Nate taking some interest in discrepancy of how Likely Vs Register voter polling behaving in national vs swing state polls. Think there stories you can imagine that are either bullish or bearish

1 Like

Fuck Nate. King douche.

I ordinarily agree but this seems interesting?

Which subreddit is that?

Yeah this is a farce. They’re asking me to believe them instead of my eyes. Go look up how many people have voted in GA. Either the GOP is turning out super hard in the early voting which means we don’t have to win election day hard at all and thus are miles ahead in PA, or we’re massively ahead on enthusiasm. I still haven’t voted because the lines at the library are looking like an hour and I am not a people person when I’m not being paid to be a people person + my stupid ID hasn’t shown up yet.

I’m for sure voting though. 100% of the time and before election day. Next Thursday being the absolute last day I would wait to because I think it’s realistically the lowest traffic day there will be and I will arrive at like 1:30PM when normal human schedules make people either work or eat lunch.

I have never had to strategize this hard or drive by the library this many times to get the conditions I want. This is actually incredibly annoying.

fivethirtyeight

I just found it, it like our thread on roids based on 30 seconds of browsing

1 Like

I explained somewhere up thread that may number sense (my little superpower in life) is offended by a lot of the polling oddities. So I’m going with my gut and trying to look on the bright side of life.

I could be really depressed Nov 6.

2 Likes

Yup yup yup. It smells super fishy to me and my fraud detector is my professional superpower.

4 Likes

Also the negative worries here are much more evidence based than on the former site. That thread is unreadable.

There are very good reasons to be worried. My own guy and mental health point me towards optimism. One time, dealer.

1 Like

Holy shit these five thirty eight Reddit posters are absolute sicko junkies. Apparently have determined we getting NYT/Siena national poles at precisely 5am tomorrow AM

1 Like

Amen. Have your plan in order in case it goes the wrong way and once you have that have a drink, relax, and wait to know where it’s going.