Abortion

The wind might actually be at our backs for once. They did have Donald Trump run the country for four years and then blow up Roe v Wade. Kind of a crazy 7 years from the GOP. The cops are basically on strike, and the public opinion battle over that isn’t going their way.

We might be seeing some fuck around and find out on the political front. Maybe.

Big Gretch remains undefeated:

3 Likes

lol not meaning to shit on this but “this is incredible.” what hopium. just a few years ago every state pretty much had reproductive rights

1 Like

The crazy thing here is that Stern is right in saying, “Purple state voters are furious, and they are voting like it.” But, like, what’s the lever by which the GOP actually comes to grips with that and moderates itself? Cause it sure as fuck isn’t the GOP primary process.

Dems need to start hitting them on this. Crime isn’t up because of the bullshit your crazy uncle heard on Fox News, crime is up because these MAGA cops are quiet quitting because they’re big mad they can’t beat up black people as easily as they used to be able to. I mean, they still can, but they can’t like film it and get away with it every time, only like half the time. And that’s a bridge too far for them, so they’re letting criminals go free.

At a minimum, if Dems start accusing them of letting criminals go free, then “letting criminals go free” becomes both sides bullshit and they can’t effectively hit Dems for it.

In completely in shocking news,

Does this supposedly ban prescribing this nationwide? Because that’s effectively a nationwide abortion ban if so.

even calling these abortion pills is a huge win for the “pro life” folks. people miscarry all the time in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy and often don’t even realize it. calling it an abortion pill conjures up images of people popping this thing and shitting out a third trimester fucking fetus, which isnt at all what happens. /rant

2 Likes

what the actual fuck is going on here, what is the “theory” on how a random federal judge unapproves a medication

“ Legal experts said that even if the Texas ruling is ultimately upheld is ultimately upheld, there would be several legal options that could allow the manufacturers of mifepristone to continue supplying the drug and providers to continue prescribing it to patients.”

So is judge taking away the abortion approval but it still have a different indication that will allow off label prescription?

“woke mind virus bad”

1 Like

Losing a desired pregnancy is traumatic enough already, it is indescribably cruel (not to mention the dangers to their health) to force women to give birth to and then bury their children that they already know cannot survive.

1 Like

lol @ dumping this ruling at the end of the day on Good Friday.

There was an old 2+2 ssnl reg that happened to and it was heartbreaking. Still think about it every once in awhile.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember that too.

If we are thinking of the same thing, he was expecting his son to be born alive but he then was suddenly stillborn. That whole thread, including the healthy births that followed, remains one of the most emotionally moving things on the internet.

1 Like

I just went back and looked to refresh my memory - they went in for a checkup at 40 weeks (wife had started having some contractions but not gone into labor yet) and unexpectedly learned the baby’s heartbeat had stopped.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s part of the lol fuck you that’s why theory of the law.

lol Kacsmaryk is such an incredible hack clown

1 Like

Impeachment is so neutered but ffs the judiciary is far too powerful.

1 Like