College Football - Ruh Roh NCAA?

lol Puddin Ron wants to sue the committee. You’re still not winning bro

I haven’t followed that closely, but didn’t FSU get banned because they don’t have a QB?

If so, I hope Roger has the committee on speed dial.

FSU didn’t get in because they had to have an SEC team in, and Texas beat the SEC champ. The rest is made up bs

2 Likes

There’s a long history here of why this is actually a problematic assumption to make. Too long for a simple forum post to justify, but I’ll just say as someone who has spent many years around this subject and studying it’s not as simple as just football make money, football special.

Yep, every other explanation defies even the most basic level of logic.

It really is that simple.

The committee calculated that the outcry would be less if undefeated FSU got left out vs if the team that beat Bama got left out.

Leaving out the SEC champion wasn’t even a consideration.

I said all week that Alabama was win and in. I just thought it was Texas that was going to be getting the shaft.

Someone was getting the shaft and it wasn’t going to be Bama.

Arguing who are the best four is pointless. They either use some computer/poll combo or a committee. They put in enough trapdoors (ie “injury”) to get whatever result they wanted. As long as their is a subjective system (and the computer algorithms and pollsters have weightings and formulas and opinions, so yes subjective).

It’s the last year of the system and it’s done. #13 can STFU as there really aren’t a full 8 teams capable of winning it all. Four major conference champs-win and get in. And then eight more spots determine by magic 8-ball.

Let’s move on the key questions. How does Michigan lose the title this year?

Refball

bama D forces a lot of turnovers

Michigans OL is not healthy right now. They lost their best one in Zinter, a RG. This caused their RT to shift down to RG and put in what was their 4th/5th OT in at RT. The current guys struggle against speed rushes, which will be a problem. I think they can still run the ball on Bama, especially if they can get McCarthy fully healthy. Auburn ran for 244 at 5.8 with Peyton Thorne, former shitty MSU QB.

In the passing game Wilson needs to get healthy. I think our WRs will struggle against their CBs, but our TEs will beat their LBs. Need JJ to play well and put the LBs/Safeties in conflict.

Really need the OL to hold up, it’s not as good as previous years, but the skill positions are much better.

On D, Michigan is going to play a bunch of weird zones and allow their DTs to eat in the middle. Worried about the mobile QB, but I feel pretty comfortable about trying to make him throw. UM won’t try to dominate the run game, they’ll play a lot of soft boxes and try to win by putting you in 3rd and 3 to 6 over and over again

I’m thinking they call a timeout they don’t have.

https://x.com/bourbonghost/status/1734690121319161967?s=46&t=45vgHoZvsEXz2aWNi8tmcw

I can never decide whether Tennessee or TAMU fans are more delusional

Syracuse making some actual noise in football recruiting for the first time since I’ve been a 'Cuse fan (got there in '04).

Flipped 4 star WR Jaylan Hornsby from Texas A&M → Cuse
Flipped 4 star WR Emanuel Ross from Stanford → Cuse
Flipped 4 star RB Yasin Willis from Pitt → Cuse

Got WR Jackson Meeks in the portal from Georgia. Favorite to land Fadil Diggs, EDGE, in the portal from Texas A&M - it’s between Syracuse and Alabama. Seriously, my alma mater is recruiting head to head with Alafuckingbama??? Also favorite to land DT Will Norman in the portal from Florida.

Also in the mix to possibly flip a couple other guys next week. This is wild. We’ll see how it works out on the field, but this is just about as exciting a time as I’ve ever had as a Syracuse football fan.

Give Fran Brown a raise already, he’s earned it.

1 Like

Is this real life? Like three separate recruiting accounts are tweeting about it.

https://twitter.com/CFBAlerts_/status/1735087479336620430

Bag o cash undefeated

Seems more likely that he doesn’t want to battled the #1 HS qb at Nebraska

Also, lol Ohio state

It’s good for OSU he’s gone. Legit should have gone 9-3 vs a soft schedule

Gambool question: I took Bama on the ML when the bowl lines first dropped. At that time the spread was Bama +1.5 and ML +105. I just looked at the lines again today and now, the line has moved to Bama +2. However, the ML is now -101. Not sure what it was a week ago but UM ML is -119.

How does the spread move in your favor while the ML moves against you? Doesn’t the same money control both or no? Seems like it can’t if just happened can happen.

Doesn’t matter your bet is worth $0