College Football - Ruh Roh NCAA?

You’re making emphatic claims about precedence for an event that has run a grand total of nine times.

Screenshot from 2023-12-04 19-02-54

Here are the number of undefeated P5 conference champions in each year the CFP has existed:

2014: 1
2015: 1
2016: 1
2017: 0
2018: 2*
2019: 3
2020: 2**
2021: 0
2022: 2
2023: 3

Right away we’re down to seven times an undefeated P5 conference champion could have even been excluded at all. I hope we agree that the probability of such an event occurring is 0 if there are no undefeated P5 conference champions and 1 if there are five of them. In the intermediate cases, I suspect the least likely chance of being excluded is when there’s a single undefeated P5 CC. That’s because all others are guaranteed to have at least one loss; it’s reasonably likely that at least one of those teams has two (or more) losses.

You’re saying “they’ve never done this thing” when there were only seven chances they could have even done this thing, and none of those times were similar to the 2023 season. 2019, which is the only season with three undefeated P5 teams, was not comparable since there wasn’t even a fifth team in the discussion. No clue why you’d bring up a two-loss Alabama team who did not even play in a CCG.

*Selected 12-0 Domers who not fit the criteria of P5 conference champion.

**Selected 6-0 AN Ohio who played half as many games as anyone else.

Right. So they never did the thing.

They even put Cincinnati in instead of a real team

No way cincy was a top 4 team by your metrics

The clincher is TCU last year. Trash all year. Lost their last game

Committee sorted by wins ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Meh, I think the “SEC bias” is a better argument than anything. At least I buy it. Let’s face it, FSU was always getting jobbed in this spot this year. We should have seen it coming a mile away in ldo hindsight. If UGA had lost earlier in the year and beaten Bama, they’d have Bama’s spot right now. Still not sure how it justifies more hate for Bama than Michigan but whatever rtr

que?

Cause we cheated ergo we should have been the one left out

lol

That would have been fantastic. The committee chair could have simply answered

IMG_0572

No cheating in Alabama football no sir

https://x.com/rossdellenger/status/1732050137768153304?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

https://x.com/rossdellenger/status/1732050518040515006?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

1 Like

I remain uncomfortable with the idea of transferring the revenue created by largely black men to women in the name of title ix, but this would be a big improvement.

I didn’t realize until now that the former governor of Massachusetts is now running the NCAA.

I can’t see the power 4 and the rest of d1 staying together if this happens. This could be the thing that forces power conference teams who shouldn’t be in power conferences out too. Get ready for the super league!

Would this limit the current NIL money in anyway or this in addition?

Also if they saying at least 30k I think would be pretty amusing if some billionaire decided to make Dartmouth or something a football powerhouse

30k per athlete per year. Will be interesting to see how many college athletic departments want to put up that kind of cash to be considered a power school.

Wonder if there any protection to prevent them from just eliminating every sport except football and whatever women’s sport generates most revenue

Title IX requires an equal number of scholarships. 75 football scholarships means 15 for volleyball, 15 for basketball, 25 for softball, 10 for golf, and 10 for tennis.

Right so wonder if this means hockey/baseball/swimming/etc would get the axe completely because now it’s not only the extra scholarships but an extra 30k/person as well

Hell men’s soccer didn’t even have enough scholarships to field a starting eleven when I played

If a sport generates a profit, I feel they should exempt it from Title IX scholarships.

Football ends up funding majority of most athletic department budgets. It’s a completely different beast from sports like wrestling and gymnastics.

https://twitter.com/ballandoats6d9/status/1731732176662896676?t=kNKWjRrirzAHVgkPV1UTHw&s=19