COVID-19: Year 4 - You down with JN.1?

I don’t think it’s a right/left thing so much as a secret Chinese bioweapon is a juicy story and this being a normal virus outbreak is a boring-ass story so every outlet is under pressure to hype up the lab leak angle.

WE DID IT

1 Like

Thanks, Obama!

I was assured that the vaccines were useless against new variants, and we shouldn’t even bother.

1 Like

In my neck of the woods it’s pretty easy to forget about covid entirely - I’ve not heard or seen anyone pozz in forever, or even “catch a cold” or sniffles or anything like that.

I haven’t even seen a case in a few weeks, even on all the screening tests I send

3 Likes

wow that’s wild

Guy down here on my work trip to NC had it last week. Pretty mild.

Oddly he got it very early on. A colleague from China brought it to him shorty before everything shut down in March 2020. He said that was nasty.

darn dont make me do a chic fil a on in n out, in n out actually has good food

This is a bold move in California. I bet they lose to a lawsuit.

California was excluded

Weellllllp. Went on a cruise, and all I got was this lousy covid (and some pretty spectacular pictures).

Here’s where two glaciers converged to head down the mountain just outside of Juneau (we don’t talk about Juneau), as seen from a helicopter.

7 Likes

It’s really just a minor cough and sore throat for me that started up yesterday afternoon. Thanks science!

2 Likes

Jealous of this trip. My wife refuses to go anywhere she can’t go to a pool… and it’s hard to argue against that.

There were at least 3 (depending on how you count) pools and 6 hot tubs on this boat.

Oh I’m sure they exist, but her temperature standards for a pool are quite high.

So far so good on unmasking at the table and doing a little indoor dining when outdoor is unavailable. So far 3 for 3 on negative tests (testing weekly). Being recently boosted is probably a big part of that. Plan is to continue this strategy until we’re about 4.5 months out from our booster, and if we’ve faded it that long, try to turtle up again for the last 6-7 weeks until the fall booster.

I don’t really expect to fade it that long, but I didn’t think we’d last two weeks either.

1 Like