COVID-19: Year 4 - You down with JN.1?

Who did you see?

Sam Hunt. Not at all a country fan but was invited by friends and actually had a great time. Was an outdoor venue and symptoms started 12hrs later so pretty sure I picked this up earliier in the week.

1 Like

What’s worse, COVID or having to listen to “Body Like a Back Road”?

(I kid. Glad you had fun. Hopefully the COVID is mild.)

1 Like

Covid way worse, especially when your surrounded by half naked beautiful women when listening to Body Like a Back Road.

Cough and fever are my main complaints so far, but Oxygen level is fine so hopefully the worst of it is behind me.

6 Likes

@commonWealth

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/17/health/long-covid-vaccines.html

2 year study, seems positive.

2 Likes

Vaccine prevents and/or limits disease. What will they think of next.

Pretty amazing outcome here. Especially for those who keep up with the vaccines.

praise be to big daddy TRUMP for single handedly inventing the vax

Of course his admin approved play of the emergency stuff to bypass all the safety rules which was all the nut jobs complain about (don’t worry they’d still complain regardless).

Great data, and I assume the numbers are even better for those of us boosting every 6 months or annually, as I doubt most people are keeping up with it right now. I also expected these numbers to continue to improve with each subsequent booster, and so far that seems to be the case.

1 Like

I’m going to get a booster ASAP.

I skipped my 6 month booster, was going to stretch it to October for my next. Regretting that decision currently.

It’s not great out there for masking:

And separately:

“Seven Democrats abstaining”? Real brave stand there guys

We’re still masking in grocery stores, pharmacies, public transit, etc. Basically places where there are a lot of people and it’s only a slight nuisance. But in some areas, we feel unsafe doing so and unmask. It’s never happened in a liberal area.

Yeah that’s nice about CA, I’ve never thought twice about wearing a mask if I felt like it (and never been given a reason to, like nasty looks or comments or anything)

1 Like

Same, one of the things we love about it. And it applies to more than just masks. People just mind their own business and are generally polite.

1 Like

I just don’t see any reason not to mask in these situations. There’s no personal downside to masking and getting sick fucking sucks. It’s not even really about Covid for me anymore, I just really hate being sick.

1 Like

I’m taking a vacation to Myrtle Beach SC in 2 days (never been there before). Thoughts on the kind of looks I’m going to get when I wear a mask indoors?

you’re probably going to get arrested

2 Likes

Have been there within the last year, you will likely get dirty looks. I suggest avoiding eye contact and fake coughing when people seem to be staring at you, so they think you’re sick.

Family vacay? Golf trip? I can make a lot of golf recommendations there. If swimming in the ocean may be on tap, you should look up the bacterial levels. The joy of SC deregulation is raw sewage dumping into the ocean sometimes (a lot).