Definitive All-Time Disney Original Song Bracket Battle: It's the Circle of Life

11 Seed: Hakuna Matata - The Lion King

vs

22 Seed: So This is Love - Cinderella

#11 Hakuna Matata - The Lion King vs. #22 So This is Love - Cinderella
  • #11 Hakuna Matata - The Lion King
  • #22 So This is Love - Cinderella
0 voters

16 Seed: Once Upon a Dream - Sleeping Beauty

vs

17 Seed: Not in Nottingham ā€“ Robin Hood

#16 Once Upon a Dream - Sleeping Beauty vs. #17 Not in Nottingham ā€“ Robin Hood
  • #16 Once Upon a Dream - Sleeping Beauty
  • #17 Not in Nottingham ā€“ Robin Hood
0 voters

8 Seed: Iā€™ve Got a Dream - Tangled

vs

25 Seed: A Spoonful of Sugar ā€“ Mary Poppins

#8 Iā€™ve Got a Dream - Tangled vs. #25 A Spoonful of Sugar ā€“ Mary Poppins
  • #8 Iā€™ve Got a Dream - Tangled
  • #25 A Spoonful of Sugar ā€“ Mary Poppins
0 voters

9 Seed: Belle - Beauty and the Beast

vs

24 Seed: A Spoonful of Sugar ā€“ Mary Poppins

#9 Belle - Beauty and the Beast vs. #24 When will my life begin - Tangled
  • #9 Belle - Beauty and the Beast
  • #24 When will my life begin - Tangled
0 voters

woof this one is tough

Why do I vote for all the tangled songs: the baby calms down every time.

1 Like

This and a few others are all pretty tough for me. Iā€™d totally forgotten this Lion King song existed (E.g. Disneyland has a ~30 min Broadway-esque live performance of The Lion King without the massive, elaborate animal costumes, instead having the (all Black) characters in African dress. They sing all the big hits in whole or in part, but Be Prepared didnā€™t make the cut)

This batch seems much more ripe for upsets than the prior two.

1 Like

Holy shit that Mandy Moore song is wild.

• Hercules song, I guess. Donā€™t really like either of them.
  • Part of Your World easily.
  • Brutal to have two songs I nominated going against each other in the first round.
  • Not the best of Shakira, but pretty good.
  • Was I seriously the only one who nominated Hakuna Matata?
  • Nottingham song in a snoozefest.
  • Both are good, but going with the Tangled song.
  • Mandy Moore barely.

Robin Hood got caught in the Group of Death, tough.

Iā€™ve got a dream is also the source of this meme:

1 Like

Excuse me ā€œ50 Frenchman canā€™t be wrong!ā€

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a dream should be winning. Shame on everyone!

I felt like I was cheating by posting the music video.

The opening before the music video part kicks in shows the trio first meeting on location. After everyone makes fun of Rod Stewartā€™s outfit, Sting does a hilarious impression of Bryan Adams and Rod Stewart singing the opening lines.

Then heā€™s like okay Bryan, sing it for real lol

Alas! We may not have the votes.

2 Likes

My family has yet to vote, and I know my girls like Iā€™ve Got a Dream, but theyā€™ve also become big Mary Poppins fans since they danced with her at Disneyland, so I couldnā€™t make a good prediction on which way they go on this one.

1 Like

Just makes me want my little one to get big enough to do that

My girlsā€™ entire mental image of what Disneyland was, prior to actually getting to Disneyland, was that the whole thing was Sleeping Beauty Castle, so thatā€™s where we went first, and as we got there, this brightly colored marching band shows up, playing music and then announcing that Mary Poppins will be arriving shortly. I didnā€™t really know how my girls would react. They liked the band, but theyā€™d never seen the movie and didnā€™t know Mary Poppins from Eve. But, the band did a few numbers, and and they liked the music and watching her dance with Bert, and despite my girls being more timid than the average girls their age, they got out there and danced when invited to dance to Step In Time (a song that went unnominated, now that I think about it). But now theyā€™ll ask Alexa to play Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, A Spoonful of Sugar, and Letā€™s Go Fly a Kite (mainly the fault of this contest, as that one wasnā€™t performed for us at Disneyland). You never know what you might see at Disneyland that you donā€™t have to wait in line for.

5 Likes

Bump for last chance to vote this block.

The best Tarzan song hasnā€™t even been played yet. Feeling sorry for whichever song goes up against.

Youā€™ll Be In My Heart got a first round bye and faces Youā€™ve Got a Friend in Me next round.

1 Like