Definitive All-Time Disney Original Song Bracket Battle: It's the Circle of Life

giphy-downsized

1 Like

I admit Little Mermaid and Aladdin were part of my preteen years and there may be some nostalgia factor with those, but I gotta vote with my heart.

18 year old nephew said You’re Welcome
12 year old nephew said Be our Guest

Mermaid / Aladdin / Beauty / Lion King was an incredible run of movies Plus Nightmare Before Christmas and Toy Story were of that era. Don’t think Disney’s had a run anything close to that since.

12 year old nephew has no taste.

1 Like

If Pixar counts, Ratatouille/Wall-E/Up/Toy Story 3 is a pretty good quartet.

Don’t think it quite matches your foursome, but it’s at least close.

True, Pixar was putting up nonstop bangers for a while there.

Yea those four all came out ~kindergarten through 4th grade for me, so they’re going to be pretty hard for me to vote against.

Yeah, I’m in the same ballpark, but my greatest emotional attachment is to a Pixar movie song that is pretty recent.

My wife hates moana with a passion

How long has she been a communist?

She says that movie was designed to please as many people as possible and that the music is underwhelming and overplayed.

You can arguably say that about some of Disney’s really recent films, but not Moana. I’m sorry, but she is objectively incorrect.

1 Like

The universal appeal of Moana speaks to the strength of the movie, no? It was made by a diverse team of people, including producer Osnat Shurer (Israeli), the Honolulu-born identical twin writing team Aaron and Jordan Kandell, and of course a huge cast that includes the stars Auliʻi Cravalho and Dwayne Johnson.

Ask her why she hates accessible diversity?

:grin:

2 Likes

I’m going to side with CN’s wife, and extend it to Hamilton. Lin-Manuel Miranda seems like one of the nicest guys ever, but his music just doesn’t do anything for me. The lyrics are clever, but the rhythms get repetitive. The constant and-1-and-2 of “We Know the Way” is a good example.

heh she would not agree about LMM or hamilton

And here we go with the second round!

1 Seed: Let It Go – Frozen

vs

17 Seed: Let’s Go Fly a Kite – Mary Poppins

#1 Let It Go – Frozen vs. #17 Let’s Go Fly a Kite – Mary Poppins
  • #1 Let It Go – Frozen
  • #17 Let’s Go Fly a Kite – Mary Poppins
0 voters

9 Seed: Prince Ali - Aladdin

vs

25 Seed: Supercalafragilisticexpialidocious – Mary Poppins

#9 Prince Ali - Aladdin vs. #25 Supercalafragilisticexpialidocious – Mary Poppins
  • #9 Prince Ali - Aladdin
  • #25 Supercalafragilisticexpialidocious – Mary Poppins
0 voters
1 Like

4 Seed: Gaston - Beauty and the Beast

vs

13 Seed: Baby Mine – Dumbo

#4 Gaston - Beauty and the Beast vs. #13 Baby Mine – Dumbo
  • #4 Gaston - Beauty and the Beast
  • #13 Baby Mine – Dumbo
0 voters

5 Seed: Cruella De Vil - 101 Dalmatians