Definitive All-Time Disney Original Song Bracket Battle: It's the Circle of Life

I didn’t realize til I searched that there are hundreds of disney songs. turns out they put songs in every movie for like 100 years.

It must be in a feature movie

Wow, ok that disqualifies a GOAT song “pirates life for me” then. Sad!

It is within the rules to submit one list for you and one for her.

That is in a feature movie! But it’s not original to the movie (Pirates of the Caribbean), so I don’t think it qualifies. But if someone knows another Disney feature it is original to, it could qualify.

I did add a seventh rule to help out less popular songs like this worthy nominee.

“When She Loved Me” - Toy Story 2
“What’s This?” - A Nightmare Before Christmas
“Kiss the Girl” - The Little Mermaid
“Gaston” - Beauty and the Beast
“Prince Ali” - Aladdin

and my #1 by a mile, the opening overture/backstory to The Hunchback of Notre Dame

1 Like

It’s “When You Wish Upon a Star” by such a wide margin that everything else is playing for second place. Even if there’s some amazing deep cut I’ve never heard, the odds of it being better than WYWUAS are infinitesimal. Not sure how well I can describe it to non-musicians. Like, what is the most complicated and arcane thing you can think of from your favorite hobby or own line of work that was made by a mad genius, but paradoxically also simple enough that laypeople can appreciate it too? It’s that thing.

Leigh Adrian Harline (March 26, 1907 – December 10, 1969) was an American film composer and songwriter. He was known for his “musical sophistication that was uniquely ‘Harline-esque’ by weaving rich tapestries of mood-setting underscores and penning memorable melodies for animated shorts and features.”

Literally every song from this movie is amazing.

IMG_0925

It’s pushing the eligibility envelope, though. It was originally released as Touchstone, not Walt Disney Pictures, but re-releases got the Disney name.

Bare necessities is the GOAT. Who wants to fight about it?

Not sure how many girls under the age of 15 we have here, but they would

1 Like

y’all missed two actual goat disney songs

second not a song but still goat scene

i’m probably forgetting a bunch from puss in boots. some real good ones in there too

2 Likes

DreamWorks imo

1 Like

right you are

1 Like

I don’t feel qualified to enter or vote on this, but I think it’s a fantastic idea and I’ll be following this thread

If you can hear, you are qualified to vote, man! Just listen to the songs! I’ll have YouTube links.

You have seen Disney movies. It is not possible for you to have not seen Disney movies. You can nominate.

1 Like

ugh that excludes chip’n’dale opening theme.

1 Like