Definitive All-Time Disney Original Song Bracket Battle: It's the Circle of Life

These are all valid, but by my count, this would make 12 noms from you. I spotted CN an 11th since one of his was an Oscar winner and auto-in.

1 Like

Shout out to my man Jerry Orbach.

1 Like

all 12 are top10 in my book

Duodecimal ITT

This is elite. So good.

1 Like

When does voting start?

Jman’s Wife’s Nominations:

1. The Oogie Boogie Song (Nightmare Before Christmas, 1993);
  2. Surface Pressure (Encanto 2021);
  3. Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid, 1989);
  4. Friend like me (Aladdin, 1992);
  5. Gaston (Beauty and the Beast, 1991);
  6. Into the Unknown (Frozen 2, 2019);
  7. Under the Sea (The Little Mermaid, 1989);
  8. A whole new world (The Little Mermaid, 1989);
  9. I see the light (Tangled 2010);
  10. True Love’s Kiss (Enchanted 2007);

7 and 8 are automatically in, so she should have 2 replacement nominations imo.

But I do get to lord it over @Jman220 that he blew it on the movie for A Whole New World, so there’s that.

2 Likes

Lol, I had mermaid and Aladdin transposed, and then switched the one but not the other.

Well, I had been thinking of starting the play ins on Thursday, but now, the “play in” round figures to be about as big as the round of 64, so I’m thinking that we may go to Friday or Saturday, and cap the submissions at 96, and we’ll do a much bigger than March Madness tourney.

Her replacement nominations:

1. You’re Welcome (Moana 2016)
  2. We don’t talk about Bruno (Encanto, 2021);

I recognize that these have both already been nominated, but I don’t at all understand the rules.

1 Like

Repeats are good, as they get higher seeds, potentially even getting a first round bye.

My wife now indicates that she wants to nominate:

1. Poor unfortunate Souls (The Little Mermaid, 1989);
  2. I Put A Spell On You (Hocus Pocus 1993);

I explained that you only get 10 nominations. She does not appear to care.

She’s got to pick her 10 favorite children. Otherwise I will just take the first 10 (and I don’t think I Put a Spell on you is an original song).

Bad air make math hard.

My wife concurs that “I put a Spell On You” is not original to that movie and indicates that I failed to accurately explain the rules to her.

Well, does she want to sub in Poor Unfortunate Souls for one of her first 10 before I enter them into the spreadsheet, or does she want to stand pat?

For now, let’s whittle it to 10 noms (or I’ll just take the first 10), but the remaining 2 will be considered if we need some help getting to 96.