Definitive All-Time Disney Original Song Bracket Battle: It's the Circle of Life

Sub poor unfortunate for Oogie Boogie.

1 Like

ZOE AND WINNIE WILL SAVE ALL OF YOU!!!

1. Zootopia: “Try Everything”
  1. A Goofy Movie theme
  1. Frozen: “Let It Go”
  1. Moana: “How Far I’ll Go”
  1. Brave: “Touch the Sky”
  1. Winnie the Pooh: “Hundred Acre Wood” Theme
  1. Herbie the Love Bug theme
  1. Tarzan: “You’ll Be In My Heart”
  1. The Three Musketeers: “All For One”
  1. Tron Legacy: “Derezzed”

BONUS

This is the theme song to Goof Troop, the TV show spun off from the movie. It didn’t appear in A Goofy Movie.

This is an automatic qualifier (and, spoiler alert, a 1 seed), so no need for a nomination. You’re welcome to make another pick.

I’m going to be a nit, given how huge this bracket has gotten, but this is not original to a feature-length film but rather debuted in a 26-minute tack-on to The Ugly Dachshund.

The rest of your outside-the-box picks (and the repeats, naturally) all qualify.

2 Likes

These are not outside the box picks if you are a Disney fan beyond 1980 lol

Tron: Legacy was 2010 and is most definitely an unconventional pick!

1 Like

You’re entitled to your own perception of things :v:

I’ll find three replacement picks good luck with everything see ya

1 Like

I’m not saying it’s a bad song at all. I find it pretty catchy. But as one of the very few songs without vocals, one of the very few songs from a movie with live actors, and the only pick that is strictly electronic, it’s objectively quite different from the rest of its competition.

I didn’t think or say you were. Idk what you are responding to when I try to talk to you. I will just share the songs and not comment.

Popeye is an elite pick. Well done.

1 Like

Replacing three picks (A Goofy Movie theme, “Let It Go,” and “Hundred Acre Wood”)

1. The Parent Trap: “Let’s Get Together”
  1. That Darn Cat: theme song “That Darn Cat”

1. Flight of the Navigator: theme song

:coolbiden:

going to nit it up, even though i love this song. it was originally for the TV series, later used in the movie, and doesn’t qualify as per wookie’s draconian “rules”

1 Like

I slept on the live-action Disney classics, but there are some gems in there.

1 Like

All that means is I get to share another [undrafted] :crazy_face:

Not an angle shoot just not good at this

I didn’t comment on that one because it was in excess of your 10, so I thought you were just putting it out for fun.

1 Like
1 Like

Ohhhh no worries I didn’t check and thought I must have listed it inside the Ten. I have trouble remembering things.

I put it in the bonus because I figured it was not eligible and so would not count against any unnamed noms.

1 Like

OK, I’m going to put up a LAST CALL for noms. I’ll lock in the bracket and start voting tomorrow.

1 Like

Alright, we’re all done. One hundred five songs from you fuckers. I did manual seeding through the 16 seeds, and the remainder were assigned randomly. All of our top seeds and all songs with 3 or more nominations have a first round bye. I found a separate website to track the bracket that I’ll share here after making sure it works OK, but voting will be here. I think we’ll do ~8 pairings at a time that’ll be open for 3 days, because more means listening to Disney songs turns into a job. There are 41 pairings in the first round, so it’ll be a bit to work through this.