Election fraud, Voter suppression & other shenanigans

This gives the Trump campaign some ammunition

Two!

https://x.com/DemocracyDocket/status/1836840316562719090

under the options for president, only Republican Donald Trump and Independent Robert F. Kennedy Jr. were listed. Missing was Democrat Kamala Harris.

1 Like
1 Like

This is the kind of thing that I feel like if it goes viral online will actually be a pretty large backfire.

Probably a crispy 1000 vote nudge toward The Donald in an election that certainly will come down to some thousands.

2 Likes
  • Violence at the Polling Place
  • GOP Shenanigans Tossing Mail in Ballots
0 voters

I’m not saying I’m losing sleep over this, but have been thinking about it a lot, what should be the bigger worry here?

I requested a Mail in Ballot because I was worried about violence on Election Day in Pennsylvania in a district Biden carried by 40+ but borders several Trumpy areas.

However, my signature rarely is consistent and matches from day-to-day, and I’m kind of concerned about the GOP challenging mail in ballots and my vote getting tossed.

Granted, I may be being a little paranoid as far as both possibilities go, but wasn’t sure what everyone here would be more worried about and how those concerns would shape plans to vote in person vs. voting early/absentee/by mail

If your concern is your likelihood of successfully voting and having vote counted then I think voting in person is definitely the safer bet IMO

But if you looking at risk of getting killed in a terror attack or something then I guess mail voting obviously safer

That’s what I keep wrestling with. Which kind of leads to thinking maybe getting in line right when the polls open/before they open may be the move. Get in and get out.

I chose violence, but I think it’s more the threat of violence / general intimidation suppressing turnout, especially among groups that have learned to steer clear of groups of angry white men in Oakleys and goatees carrying guns.

There should be processes in place to handle every possible scenario. I’m only familiar with AZ but PA probably has similar.

For starters, we have a website where you can check your registration status ahead of time, then on the same site you can track your ballot as it passes through signature verification, processing, and tabulation.

If there’s any problem with your signature, we initiate a series of phone calls, emails, and texts to try and alert you. You have up to several days after the election to “cure” your signature, and worst case scenario you could just go to the elections department and declare that your signature is valid.

Obviously these processes are only as good as the people implementing them, but in an age where there’s heightened skepticism and scrutiny of election procedures, they should be doing everything they can to be transparent. Good luck.

1 Like

It’s wild to me when I see people talk about getting in line to vote. Y’all don’t just go to some random lodge in a park with a bunch of bored old ladies and just walk in and point to your name in a big book and get out of there in 2 minutes?

It’s criminal that people would ever have to wait more than a couple minutes.

When I lived in SF, I think my precinct was, like, 9 square blocks and my voting location was in the library of an elementary school. I’d stop in before catching the bus downtown to work, usually in and out. The busiest I ever saw it was the 2016 election, when it was like a 5 minute wait.

So that’s the blue state experience, at least for me. Then there’s red states, where urban areas have hours-long waits by design. :harold:

The answer is actually in this comment ldo. Show up to vote wearing wrap around Oakleys, an American flag shirt, dad jeans, and a camoflauge hat. If any crazy right wing people try anything, say, “Ya’ll be safe now, y’hear? God Bless Murica!”

1 Like

My experience in East Coast (I’ve moved around a bit!) blue/swing state suburbia was always that if you went between like 8a and 10a you might wait 5-10 minutes, and if you went between 4p and 6p you might wait 15-20 minutes. If you try to get there before polls open, there may be 20-30 people waiting so you’ve got to wait 15-20 minutes plus however early you got there. I never tried at lunch time. The move to get through quickly, if you can swing it, is to go mid-morning or mid-afternoon.

For those concerned about terror, my first instinct is go when polls open. My thought, though, is the EV of a terror attack on an election is to scare a bunch of people out of voting, so you’d want to do it earlier in the day to capture all that value - so in that context, earlier may be more dangerous.

I think vote by mail will be fine in Pennsylvania. If you trust Shapiro, I guess you have to trust his hand-picked (Republican) Secretary of State to be reliable to make sure the votes are counted. If anything, I’d worry about a terror attack to light the ballots on fire before they’re counted more than I’d worry about court challenges and signature matches not being cured.

North Carolina removes 747,000 from voter rolls, citing ineligibility

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4901476-north-carolina-purges-747k-voters/

1 Like