GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

Good luck

The answer is still saving the baby that is alive.

1 Like

thanks man needed that reminder

https://bsky.app/profile/zackbudryk.bsky.social/post/3klz5sbmu6k2p

Well fuck, do I need to sell my GOOGL? This has Bud Lite level potential.

1 Like

Maricopa County Attorney will not extradite murder suspect to New York

“Having observed the treatment of violent criminals in the New York area by the Manhattan D.A. there, Alvin Bragg,” Ms. Mitchell told reporters, “I think it’s safer to keep him here and keep him in custody, so that he cannot be out doing this to individuals either in our state, county, or anywhere in the United States.”

Seems like just a publicity stunt, getting play on foxnews I’m sure.

NyTimes: archive

I assume Haley has some lol fundamentalist stance, but I don’t think this view, in a vacuum, is that bad.

I think that “babies” is the wrong term, but I do think that a fertilized embryo is a very rudimentary form of life. Nevertheless, I’m pro-choice and think this most recent Alabama ruling is terrible (because of the legal implications, which the judge is presumably well aware of). I don’t think those two views are incompatible.

While I do think that an embryo is alive it doesn’t mean that I cannot think that killing it is very different from killing a baby, a child, or an adult and that it should not be handled the same way as those things.

Nice work by the PR person in Bragg’s office:

“New York’s murder rate is less than half that of Phoenix, Ariz.

The Arizona DA was the lawyer the Senate GOP brought in to cross-examine Christine Blasey Ford in the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings.

Is this colorable because he’s also being held for a crime he committed in Arizona, and it’s not necessarily obvious another crime should take precedence and require extradition? Maybe that’s a @Jman220 question.

Yeah, I mean extradition requires the prosecutors on both sides to discuss and decide who’s going to go first, but it’s pretty unusual for a prosecutor who has somebody for something other than a homicide to tell the requesting state (who has a homicide) to go pound sand. It’s not like this guy would get released in NY if he was acquitted of the homicide, he’d just be extradited back to AZ to face the charges there. So while I wouldn’t call this “unprecedented,” it’s still kind of a dick move by the AZ prosecutor.

Fun story: I once had a guy for murder (drug deal ripoff / execution, victim was a small time marihuana dealer who this guy just executed to steal his pot and money), who was being held in PA on drug charges. He was like 2 weeks away from trial in PA on those charges when I indicted him. I had a really solid case (defendant accidentally dropped his cell phone in the victim’s car with his fingerprints on it and was id’d by an eyewitness), so I called the prosecutor in PA. Prosecutor in PA decided to just dismiss his drug charges to expedite the extradition to me (I think he had a shitty case and he didn’t want to do the trial). Anyway the defendant then became something of a jailhouse lawyer, giving everyone in the jail legal advice because he was so good at beating charges, because he had “beat” his PA drug charges (never realizing that I was the reason those charges were dismissed in the first place). Anywho, he’s now doing life.

Edit: Also being a Marijuana Dealer has to be the most dangerous profession in the world. Something like half of my homicide vics were dealers. People always know that they have a lot of cash on them.

6 Likes

I agree with this. Similar example is the state of the fetus at 8 to 12 weeks, a period of time when pro-choice people, including myself, believe that abortions should be available to people who choose them. It is popular for people advocating for choice to say “at that point it’s just a clump of cells”. Having witnessed my wife go through two closely-watched pregnancies, I know that’s just not true. I know I’m naive to hope that it would be better to discuss these issues in a straightforward and honest way, but that’s how I feel.

Possibly ponied on this one, but uhhhh yeah. The mask is fully off at CPAC.

https://twitter.com/bidenhq/status/1761088807573540878

techbros do something good for once?

I doubt this has anything to do with politics, r/smallbusiness is littered with people who’ve been screwed over by fintech payment processors.

yeah I agree, we’ll take what we can get

1 Like

Her funds are frozen. I hope they don’t die before they become actual money.

these dudes can’t even pretend to be normal for like 12 seconds, what the hell

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1761776502952149269

how does welker not immediately follow up with a “what the fuck dude” just awful come one

She makes me wish for Tuck Choad.