GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

I was confused because I thought I just voted for Polis for CO governor in the latest election and indeed those videos are from 2022.

What a clown either way, he didn’t make it to the GOP nomination I thought? Heidi Ganahl was the GOP candidate running against Polis.

The primary was in late June, so at the time of those videos this guy hadn’t lost yet.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1767270013684117994

Great job, Wisconsin.

1 Like

Conservative groups are successfully blackmailing companies into pulling back from causes they don’t like:

In an email dated Jan. 17, Peck told Best Buy’s attorneys that his organization “will withdraw its proposal if Best Buy were to end its partnerships with and contributions to” eight different LGBTQ nonprofits and initiatives, which he refers to as “predatory butchers” in his email. These groups include The Trevor Project, an LGBTQ youth suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization; SAGE, which advocates on behalf of LGBTQ elders; and GLAAD, an LGBTQ media advocacy group.

Gross that they’re screening donations *employee groups* choose to make

The employee resource groups are a diversity, equity, and inclusion initiative in the first place. I’m surprised the conservative shareholders aren’t trying to torpedo the whole thing.

It’s fucked up, but we saw what happened to Bud Light. Conservatives are willing to boycott for real, and they are gaining leverage as a result. BUD is down about 10% since the boycott started, the S&P is up around 28%. Liberals don’t actually boycott anything effectively, as far as I recall, so we lose on this front. Like Chick-Fil-A donates money to anti-gay groups, and most liberals still eat there because they like the food. Meanwhile, conservatives started boycotting it for going woke for adding a director of DEI.

2 Likes

I gotta say as someone who actually understands capitalism I have a really hard time motivating myself to boycott much of anything. The vast majority of major corporations are straight up evil on multiple layers of their business model in multiple ways. Generally speaking if I have an option I opt for patronizing small businesses over large ones any way I realistically can. Then Costco/HEB. Then everywhere else.

This exactly is the problem. Most liberals are smart enough to think this way and make rational decisions as such. RWNJs have enough lizard brain to create an effective boycott.

Trans Day of Visibility is today, March 31, and has occurred every March 31 since 2009. Today is also Easter, a holiday whose date changes every year. Naturally conservatives lost their fucking minds at this:

1 Like

Growing divide in the republican caucus between those who want to screw over the poor and minorities and those who just want to watch the world burn.

And Dems will save Johnson. Imagine a world where the GOP saves a Dem speaker, let alone one as crazy as him.

Why would the Dems save Johnson when they very much didn’t save his predecessor?

Seems like the Dems are drawing live to getting the majority and the speakership if they play their cards right here.

they probably would have saved McCarthy if he hadn’t double-crossed them days before. Enough E-dems see johnson as odious but predictable, he does what he says.

I heard in some podcast last week that the Dems would save Johnson if he brings the Ukraine funding bill to the floor with enough votes to pass (so like 3 Republicans supporting it?).

Now that the government has been funded for the year and the debt ceiling limit has been pushed back till next year, I don’t know what else this congress can accomplish with Johnson besides funding Ukraine, if that.

2 Likes

yeah that would be the payback. it seems like this would be a snapcall for him, if he can survive a vacate motion it would kneecap the chaos caucus, he’s never going to get any real GOP-priority legislation done this session since there is a D senate, so he might as well flex and shore up his position if the GOP does manage to get a trifecta in november.

I doubt there is any “GOP-priority legislation” and is there anything in the rules preventing the rest of the session just being non-stop calls for the leader to vacate?

Seems like a fair trade, but Trump will do everything he can to submarine it.

sure, they want to make being a woman or a brown person or maybe even poor a felony

not sure what the rules are on vacating exactly but there must be some box around it or else they’d be using it constantly

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1774815143186121172

Is this the same “club-for-no-growth” that Trump aways complains about? I thought Yass and Trump were buddies, but I can’t keep things straight with these clowns.