GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

Not the right thread but

MY

VEINS

1 Like

What seems like a drunk idiot heckling Native American dancers performing in front of a Scottsdale art gallery turns out to be the owner of the gallery?

Not mentioned in story, he repatedly says “MAGA COUNTRY!”

Chaser:

Gilbert Ortega Native American Galleries is a 7th Generation Cultural Arts dealer. Gilbert Ortega’s family has been trading with the Native American community since the early 1800’s. The tradition has been one of love, respect, and passion for the native peoples hand made works of art and mastery from jewelry, pottery, baskets, weaves, and rugs its been a time honored tradition to bring these amazing works of art to the community for all to love and enjoy.

2 Likes

i am sorry, what?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2023/02/10/george-santos-amish-puppies/

INVESTIGATIONS

Amish country farmers say George Santos took puppies, left bad checks

One breeder recounted how the future member of Congress made off with four golden retrievers, leading to a criminal charge in 2017

2 Likes

I’m no rocket scientist, but I’m starting think that this Santos fella might not be super trustworthy.

4 Likes

:vince:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1624135064865964032

Speaking of Florida:

The article focuses on the Clemente book as it’s reported by a Pittsburgh newspaper:

Pastor at Nikki’s campaign kickoff.

It was the tough task to find the worst but the committee has chosen:

On the Holocaust (late 1990s)
”How did [the Holocaust] happen? Because God allowed it to happen … because God said, ‘My top priority for the Jewish people is to get them to come back to the land of Israel.’”

1 Like

I mean if you believe in an all powerful god that can do anything you gotta explain why he let the holocaust happen

That doesn’t make the top ten list of the awful shit the Hagee clan has done.

Was Hagee the guy that used to get rubdowns while spun out on meth? Hmm, I think it was another megachurch preacher. They all act alike.

Wait until Florida finds out it’s actually The Bernstein Bears.

3 Likes

Ann Coulter tells Nikki Haley to go back to India. Well, the Xenophobic attacks took about 3.50 seconds, lol. And with Haley committing the egregious act of removing the SC confederate flag (heritage not hate), I am confident she has zero chance.

ETA: Sikhs do not worship cows. I am very smart!

5 Likes

Her actual name is Nimrata, I’m sure that won’t be weaponized at all

1 Like

“I’m not hiding!”

One day later…

Santos!

Here’s the supposed “reasonable Republican” candidate for 2024:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3862946-haley-says-desantis-didnt-go-far-enough-with-dont-say-gay/

What a hot take, the idea that talking about “boys” and “girls” is #actually the same as detailed education about genitalia and sex

I’ve seen the word “moderate” attached to her a lot this week. Complete and total bullshit.

It’s because every plausible GOP candidate is worse outside of Mitt and Hogan.

The Overton window has shifted so goddamn far to the right.

This is like a made up issue, right? Like, My oldest is in second grade right now in a deep blue state. I’m pretty confident the number of conversations about gender and sexual identity she’s had at school is zero.