GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

The funnier thing is thinking that kids don’t know this shit already by 3rd grade in an age where 3rd graders all have cell phones already.

1 Like

In FL, a teacher is not allowed to acknowledge that a student has 2 moms, even if one of the students actually has 2 moms. There are age-appropriate books with LGBTQ characters that are getting banned.

This thread is very much worth a read:

Also extremely entertaining that in response to Fox trying to be like “they’re opinion shows, people know not to take them seriously” Dominion lined up a bunch of instances of the “opinion shows” telling viewers they’re actually news shows giving them accurate information

1 Like

Enraging local news:

Silver lining: I had no idea there was an “LGBTQ±owned and friendly” coffee shop in my neighborhood. Will be visiting!

3 Likes

bwahahaha

Would have thought that Haley was about 35 years past her prime for Gaetz.

1 Like

She’s so toast in that primary it’s not even funny. Like I hope and pray she pulls out a miracle in an early state so it pumps and I can reload on PI and max out the no side.

Here at SPE we’ve known her given name was Nimarata and she’s Indian. I did not know she was raised Sikh, didn’t convert to Christianity until 1997 (one year before she began pursuing a political career), her son (born 2001) has a Hindu name, and as recently as 2004 Nikki was still regularly attending a Sikh temple. Meanwhile, her daughter is in an interracial relationship and engaged to him, and Nikki has been proud of that relationship. Her son has lived in Democratic hellholes NYC and Philly, and posted pictures to social media in a Muhammad Ali shirt and a Biggie shirt. Clearly he hates America! Why, what did Nikki Haley teach him growing up?

She’s so fucked in a Republican primary - if she manages to become a front runner, someone will go dirty and attack her on all that. It actually seems like she’s extremely ambitious and lived in a conservative area and decided to do what she had to do to advance a political career, rather than moving to a blue state and being herself and running there.

1 Like

Yeah she’s a legit no-hope candidate whose primary goal is going to be to sell her own campaign books. You can tell she’s a veteran of that racket by how many books she’s written that I’m guessing no one has ever read (probably including her). She wrote one in 2012, one in 2019, and one in 2022 so I’m sure the campaign will be buying 200-300k copies of each to give out for free at rallies that will be attended by 7 whole people.

She will also launder a bunch of payments from big donors to her ‘campaign staff’ which will be entirely made up of people who performed services for them that if paid for directly would constitute bribery. Basically just a bunch of GOP insider slappies getting large checks cut to them for services rendered.

The Nikki Haley campaign is more of a financial entity than a political entity.

1 Like

Yep, it’s this, and attempting to become VP. If she’s never a real threat to win the nomination, she’ll never get attacked dirty like that, and then she’ll be a viable VP candidate. The left would never hit her on any of that stuff, and a lot of it can be used to throw back in the face of the left. “Republicans are racist? Her daughter is in an interracial marriage for God’s sake!”

Look for her to stay out of the fray as much as possible, and try to be a bit of an attack dog for whoever she wants to hitch her VP hopes to. If she’s smart, she comes in 3rd or 4th in a lot of states, then is the first prominent candidate to drop out and endorse the eventual winner. Then she becomes VP, and she’s perfectly positioned to run the book scam etc in 4 or 8 years, and if the GOP somehow becomes a party that’s more like Reagan’s than Trump’s, she could have a shot then.

Gonna be hilarious if she snipes a win or two early, gets high on her own supply, and goes for the win though.

1 Like

I don’t think she ever gets above 5% in any multiway GOP primary. It would need to be just her vs Trump for her to get to double digits and he’d curb stomp her.

After being SC governor Nikki went on the Boeing board of directors and could have lined up 10 more such gigs. Taking this path to certain humiliation makes zero sense.

1 Like

Most people who say this, and you may be one of them, don’t realize that Nikki is her actual middle name. And it’s not that uncommon for people from some parts of India. I have met two other Indian Nikkis in my life, and in both cases it was their actual first name ( to my knowledge, they have no political aspirations).

So her going by Nikki, is not any different than McConnell going by Mitch (his name is actually Addison Mitchell McConnell).

Of course, none of this actually matters. No brown woman is gonna win a GOP primary, no matter what her name is. Both brown and woman are independently enough to sink her. And that is before you get to the “substance” of her candidacy, which is also lol bad.

In other delusional South Carolina Republican news: Tim Scott seems to be gearing up to run for president lololol

The totally-out-there guys are pitching Sununu as a candidate?

Ah, I knew it was a somewhat common name in India but I thought it was a nickname for Nimarata, not a separate given middle name.

Yeah, I mean, nobody here cares what name she uses or where she’s from, other than in the context of the hypocrisy of her political career and her drawing stone dead in the GOP primary.

Are we sure Haley and Scott aren’t confusing president with like, governor of South Carolina and Senator? Cause Tim Scott running for governor and Nikki Haley running for his seat would make a hell of a lot more sense lol…

Just waiting for Lindsay Graham to throw his hat in the ring. Maybe the 0.0% equity South Carolina grifter candidates can get a good deal on a party bus to campaign in.

He’d absolutely curb stomp Biden head to head. He might be able to carry 400 electoral votes. So I can see why elite establishment Republicans might want to float his name and go for it. They’re overlooking two problems:

1. He’s drawing almost dead in the primary.

2. There’s virtually zero chance there wouldn’t be a MAGA third party challenge, which would all but guarantee a Democratic victory.

He’s pro choice, pro gay rights, center right on trans rights (definitely left of 99% of Congressional Republicans), but still pretty far right on guns. He also said he’d refuse to send the National Guard to the border to help Trump stop immigrants coming in. Those positions all but guarantee a MAGA challenger in the general election and total chaos.

That said, a debate stage with Trump, DeSantis, Sununu, and Haley seems pretty entertaining.

I’d agree he’d be a favorite, but I’m having a real tough time getting anywhere close to 400.

1 Like

i’m comfortable with biden as the nominee if it’s a rematch against trmp. against anyone else in that primary, i would put up Gretch.

Wikipedia and other “official” sources are wrong on this, McConnell’s actual first name is “Cocaine”.

But seriously, McConnell is a “III” and his father was a “II”, but the first Addison Mitchell McConnell was his grandfather’s brother? I didn’t think you could do that.

Give him all the swing states: PA, MI, OH, NV, AZ, GA. Add VA, NM, MN. Then give him NH, ME and he’s nearly to 340. In an environment where he’s a lock to win anyway (so Dem turnout could be depressed), if he can take states that have elected moderate Republicans as governor like MA, NJ, MD, he’s at 379. I think he could potentially put DE, OR, VT, CT in play. That’s 400.

He’s a non-threatening Republican with very moderate/slightly liberal positions on social issues, he’s not a million years old, and he’d make Biden look even older than he does on his own.

The scary thing would be what would happen to the Senate in a Sununu landslide. Trifecta with a supermajority is VERY much in play in one fell swoop.

Thank God he can’t get through a primary lol…