GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

No, but the mainstream journalists supposedly do.

I happen to have an autographed copy of Steven Breyer’s book, so Thomas isn’t the only weirdo with creepy souvenirs. It’s my third favorite piece of SCOTUS memorabilia.

1 Like

Well I remained rustled about the masses of passionate Twitter activists reeling off tomes of tweets to folks who already agree with them when turns out there is essentially publicly available info to be found on all these guys.

(Unless I’m misreading this but it genuinely sounds like a kid in his parents basement with the internet 1000 miles away could have dug up this dirt and then took a weekend trip to ask the neighbors about him)

That’s the other fun aspect of American corruption. It’s generally done in the open, much the way the sex stuff was done in the old days. There’s very little subtlety to it in 2023. Nancy Pelosi is one of the more powerful members of the house ever and there’s at least one twitter bot tracking her very obviously dirty stock trades which are public record. When people do report on her stock trades they always to go extreme lengths to make what she’s doing seem normal and totally fine, even though what she’s doing is placing bets on games she’s playing in in a manner that wouldn’t be OK for literally anyone else in any other sector.

Most people in politics in 2023, especially the older people (which is the vast majority) have enriching themselves personally as the primary objective of being in office. How smart they are about that is going to vary wildly.

Maybe I’m taking an overly simplistic view but I don’t read this story as having much to do with corruption/conflicts of interest/etc.

Seems more just basic not following the law and nobody noticing. Like if Elon Musk ran for president and nobody noticed that he wasn’t legally qualified to do so

Nearly nobody is following the law. This sadly goes for both parties. Nancy Pelosi is much richer and much smarter than this guy, and she makes in a quarter what he’ll make in his entire career in politics. I’m a lot less impressed by being able to color inside the lines legally when you set the lines yourself.

This kind of bullshit is happening in every level of political power from the HOA in my neighborhood to the highest levels of federal elected office. Literally thousands of different scams petty and not, big and small, legal and not. And the media pretty much doesn’t report on any of it because access.

Also remember absolutely nothing is going to happen to this guy. In fact he’s going to keep on doing the same illegal/corrupt bullshit he’s been doing and almost none of this is going to get reported in the local media. If it is it will be minimized and sanitized to the point that all he experiences is some mild embarrassment when his buddies make fun of him for it.

1 Like

this harlan crow dude, if he is showing his nazi tea set and signed copy of mein kampf and statue garden to every schlub that comes through his house, what the fuck does he have in his inner sanctum? You know these dudes all have their public collections and then they have their REAL collections.

1 Like

And if they want to turn over a few rocks where the eDems are entrenched, that sounds great too!

Yep this is why it doesn’t happen.

The John Oliver segment on HOA’s is worth a watch, everyone. Holy shit!

2 Likes

For the lazy:

3 Likes

Yea I caught that the other night and holy shit at HOA’s having the power to foreclose on homes and then buy them for pennies, without the owner even knowing.

How is it even possible for a home to be sold in foreclosure without going to auction? I mean, I guess if the HOA is foreclosing against the debt, they can sell it however they want, including to a board member for ~nothing.

Hmm, just came from the thread discussing Boomers and how fucked we are and how expensive houses are. Maybe Millennials need to take over HOA boards, fuck over Boomers on fees, foreclose their homes, and by them for a dollar.

:vince1:

Skin lamps for sure.

1 Like

The one where they can give out $1000 speeding tickets got me too. It is absolutely insane how much power HOA’s have and the government, across the board, takes a completely hands off approach to doing anything.

Also what’s up with this auto correct?

don’t show that to suzzer, it’d break him.

1 Like

IT’S

ALWAYS

PROJECTION

2 Likes
4 Likes

Every accusation is a confession.

1 Like