GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

Here some Hopium for your Good Friday

1 Like

That hopium is strong enough to kill any cop that touches it.

6 Likes

Shot

Chaser

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1644778789493243907

Seeking out leftist protests to murder the protesters is now a pardonable crime in Texas

very cool, thanks to Lord Elon’s algorithm changes, the only replies to Abbot’s tweets that you get to see are the deplorables thanking him

Not mentioned in your excerpt but Perry’s entire defense presumably rested on his claim that Foster pointed his rifle at him. The jury obviously didn’t buy it but this claim is now an absolute article of faith by all right-wingers including Abbott.

As I mentioned in another thread, one overlooked aspect of this story is that a 30+ year old Army Staff Sgt. had to moonlight as an Uber driver to try and make ends meet.

lol yeah I can see why that wouldn’t have worked very well for him

https://twitter.com/Mike_Hixenbaugh/status/1644842387338919937

1 Like

I guess at some point the Clarence Thomas / Harlan Crow stuff stops being a court thing and becomes a “lol every single one of these guys is coming out of the woodwork to defend collecting Nazi artifacts” thing

Hahahaha no way

Remember when we found out that Rod Dreher’s entire column was paid for by a single wealthy conservative freak? What if that’s the case for every single one of these skull-measuring dipshits?

6 Likes

This Texas pardon is the worst thing yet out of this whole awful era. They’re literally sanctioning the murder of political opponents.

1 Like
1 Like

Lol imagine putting Captain Kidd and Al Capone in the same grouping as Attila and Genghis.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Texas county talking about closing its libraries rather than putting back books (under court order) that conservative activists got them to remove

Tennessee house speaker has been lying about his primary residence AND collecting high perdiem/commuting reimbursements

1 Like

This is the guy who decided to expel black men who didn’t jump when he told them to

Feels like any time any scrutiny is put on these folks they are verifiably doing shady or illegal shit. Seems like bunch of journalists/tweeters need to stop wasting their time writing opinion pieces and just proactively thoroughly investigate every R in a position of power

4 Likes

Yes but then how would they get access? Corruption is the new sex. It used to be you could do whatever you wanted sexually as someone in politics and nobody would ever report on it. JFK would be an excellent example of how out of hand that got

Since Nixon the subject that shall not be reported on is the finances of politicians. Which is why I have zero respect or trust for anyone who thrived in politics during the period from Nixon to pretty much the present. As far as I’m concerned thriving in that environment is like thriving in the Baltimore police department. It’s highly unlikely you aren’t dirty in some major way. Best case you’re a world class enabler.

Never forget that the major takeaway from abscam was to never ever ever do that again. And that was run a sting operation on politicians.

1 Like

Do all these Twitter people frantically tweeting about this or that really have any special access that is at risk?