GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

Let’s also give an assist to the New York Democratic Party and their inexcusable incompetence. 15-11 D-R in a state that Biden won by 23 points.

2 Likes

Who among us can be an historic shot caller?

Who Will Be the Next Speaker of the House? (2 Chances)
  • Tom Emmer
  • Jim Jordan
  • Elise Stefanik
  • Donald Trump
  • Jim Comer
  • Patrick McHenry
  • Jason Smith
  • Mike McCaul
  • Hakeem Jeffries
  • Tim Burchett
  • Lauren Boebert
  • Marjorie Taylor Greene
  • Kevin McCarthy
  • Matt Gaetz
  • Steve Scalise
  • An unlisted Republican who came into office prior to Jan 1 2016
  • An unlisted Republican who came into office after Jan 1 2016
  • An unlisted Democrat in the House
  • An unlisted person outside of the House
0 voters

https://x.com/RepMTG/status/1709397608576266457?s=20

LFG!

Would probably mean that 45 day CR is the last funding this government is going to get until 2025, which would be… something. Could actually see Trump getting himself ousted by his own party as Speaker for the longest shutdown in US history when the shit really starts to hit the fan, all to stop the proceedings against him in Court.

I think people are not realizing how much of this was literally people just not fucking liking Kevin McCarthy. That’s what it was at the end of the day.

If the government shuts down that long all of Trump’s federal trials get pushed off. Win win win for him.

Short term win win win, not sure it’s gonna go well for him long term politically if he shuts down the federal government for 15 months and puts a lot of people out of work.

To be fair, those are people he’s promising to put out of work anyway, should he win.

In maybe the clearest let them fight situation ever, it looks like Gym and Scalise both want the job.

So it’s win win win win. I’m fairly confident that federal employees skew extremely heavily anti trump.

Good thread with some insider takes:

https://x.com/fritschner/status/1709559909488976279?s=46&t=k3YA52U8SV6oodQANcy20g

4 Likes

Normal one

https://x.com/repluna/status/1709310697060855907?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

She voted to keep McCarthy.

He pretty clearly thought the Dems wouldnt pass his shit bill without reading it and got surprised. That was his big ace up his sleeve - transparent bad faith.

How did someone do obviously bad at politics get to be Speaker of the House? I initially thought he sabotaged himself to get out of a shit position but he’s just an unrepentant craven weasel who publicly and privately treats hundreds of coworkers as enemy scum.

I’m always giving too much credit, and they keep turning out to be the most boring selfish assholes in the world. Incredible.

He got owned, publicly, by a pedophile he was too craven to get rid of. Just totally feckless.

1 Like

Which is so stupid, because of course the dems were going to pass that. They don’t and they get blamed for the shutdown.

I saw, I think on WaPo, that she actually didn’t vote at all lol. Maximal deniability when the winds shift in any direction!

It’s the combination of no ethics, no vision, and an inability to even attempt self preservation.

He is the Reek of American politics.

1 Like

These nihilist GOP turds truly represent their districts. The people who elect them are among the stupidest most racist pieces of shit in the world, and it shows.

The party used to filter out these clowns but with social media and small dollar donations, they’ve lost that power.

2 Likes

Things you definitely say when things are going great:

I don’t just mean the federal employees, I mean the massive recession.