GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

Welp, we’re on the number.

1 Like

I’m too traumatized to be enjoying this, the law of this is the worst timeline is stronk and he’s gonna make it until he doesn’t.

Some analyst on CNN says it’s likely we either see more of his support peel off on the second ballot, or consolidation and increased support for him.

Gee thanks, buddy.

1 Like

Dana Bash says a Jordan ally told her that this was MUCH worse than they expected.

1 Like

LMAO NY Republicans are concerned about SALT deductions under Jordan.

:popcorn:

All we have is enjoying the chaos as our decaying empire circles the drain.

I think Rs have a much higher chance of losing the house if they are forced to have some interim speaker guy who allows a full house vote on shutdowns, Ukraine funding etc., so they just kind of have to pick the sexual abuse overlooking election denier or “the base” to wit 75% of Republican voters will punish them I think.

The problem here for Jordan is that he needs to flip 17 votes while holding the 200 he has. I’m not sure he can give away enough to get them while still holding the 200 he has. Like, if he gives away stuff to moderates - like promises on SALT deductions or keeping the government open or money to Ukraine - he’s going to lose some of the most radical right wing nutjobs.

I’ve been wrong a lot lately so hope the streak continues, but this reeks of theater to me and enough of them will switch back with phony concessions. Like I have not heard any statement of “principle” from the “moderates”, maybe I’ve missed it. Maybe they saw how many free clicks people voting no McCarthy got and wanted a piece.

He got one less than McCarthy on the first ballot. Could go either way here.

Don’t tease me.

God Bless America.

This is very possible.

Congressman from FL saying he won’t change his McCarthy vote.

GJGE to this guy.

The only thing Jordan has going for him is that the house has actual rules now that let the interim chair adjourn, so we won’t be in that weird theatre where they just keep voting because they don’t have the votes to adjourn. That definitely helps Jordan since he won’t have to lose multiple votes while trying to lobby the holdouts.

So why the hell are they doing this vote now before they had 217 locked up?

they thought that a bunch of the “no” votes would fold under the pressure of voting on the record

Having Hannity say mean things about you is quite the threat. Very convincing!

1 Like

Because Jordan thought Hannity had successfully pressured the republicans into voting for him?