Invasion of Ukraine: Why Doesn't Russia Concede Kursk and Negotiate Peace?

Stuff on Twitter about lot of apparent tensions with Armenia and Azerbaijan militaries. I’m not too up on history there but seems like a spiderwebs connection involving Turkey/Iran/Israel/Russia as other interested parties.

They’ve been in plenty of direct conflict, both recently and generally since their independence from the USSR:

Sidenote, this is a rad flag, very retro vibes

Is this the national anthem?

russia going to be undone by some ikea cardboard boxes. regional superpower my ass

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/cheap-australian-drones-made-of-cardboard-helping-ukrainian-troops/news-story/72e4913bc4f34c2b3fbfc8921fc2bc58

2 Likes

hahaha, girkin tells putin to shut up.

longer bit with translations

1 Like

They sure are obsessed with their hypersonic toys.

1 Like

Do we know if Patriot missiles can shoot down the kinzhal hypersonic missiles yet or we about to find out?

Patriot is a pretty old system, I’m sure it’s had some tech upgrades but my guess would be that there would be a very low probability of intercepting a hypersonic missile (like, < 5%?)

this article from 2020 says that latest gen Patriot systems are at least theoretically capable of dealing with hypersonic cruise missiles, but it seems a little noncommittal

Ukraine said it could a few weeks ago per Newsweek, fwiw (not much)

weird, why would NATO do this?

1 Like

LOL you can kill that with a standard RPG I’m pretty sure. I would literally rather ride a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee into battle. At least it’s faster and doesn’t scream ‘shoot me’ on sight.

I wonder if you can kill a T54-B with a switchblade drone?

2 Likes

It’s like seeing cars fro the 1950 driving around in modern Cuba.

FYP

I don’t know but a can opener should be able to do the job.

Savage!

1 Like

Is Marca Russian for “Onion”?

In case anyone was wondering, the Russian T-54 Tanks were designed the year after WW2 ended. I’m sure these things will do just fine against the Abrams tanks though.

They might be being used as artillery pieces while new barrels are being put into the old artillery pieces and not as front line units.

1 Like