LOL Democrats: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Here’s what actually trying looks like:

I’ll post some of the highlights but strongly encourage everyone to go read the (long) thread. With a one-seat majority in the Minnesota State Senate, the Dems there got to fucking work and got some serious shit done.

In one legislative session with a one seat majority in the state senate. This is what fucking doing your job looks like:

8 Likes

Put these people in charge of everything.

2 Likes

But sure, keep taking national democrats seriously when they do their Washington Generals routine.

1 Like

On the front page if my local paper today :leolol:

A few days ago they had a big article about how this was one of the most productive sessions in state history.

Basically all the republicans are saying is you could have got a $1-2k rebate check instead they took the budget surplus and gave people all of these things. Hopefully residents aren’t dumb enough to look at it like that but i don’t have my hopes up.

BUT HOW WILL THEY PAY FOR IT!!!111!!!1!!1

1 Like

Exactly. If eDems tried half that hard on two or three issues per four year cycle we’d be in a drastically different place.

I have a feeling the billionaires will start pouring money into Minnesota to make sure this doesn’t stand. I’m sure they don’t want a real case study on actually good policies to exist.

8 Likes

She will be 62 on Election Day

I’m surprised they’re pushing to get someone so young in there! They must want to lock the seat up for another 20-30 years.

:harold:

Wow I thought she was late 40s or early 50s. She hasn’t been in the House that long.

Only 17/51 current Democratic senators are younger than her. (1 of those 17 is younger by a single day)

anyone know what’s going on with this one?

He got scared by Uber and Lyfts threats to pull out of most of the state and only offer top line service in Minneapolis-St. Paul.

The workers said the governor never met with him before vetoing the bill.

Yeah he got pressure from Uber/Lyft and probably from a lot of the non MSP cities. I wish he’d called the corps bluff on pulling service but people love the rideshares so would have been crucified by the public if they went away.

I can’t read the NY Times article but he said he wants to put together a committee that will make recommendations for a bill in the next session.

1 Like

Is Jimmy Carter still alive? Didn’t he get sent out for home care like months ago?

Yeah, AP just published this article a couple days ago:

1 Like

I was wonder if TFG would show up to carter’s funeral so I punched some words into google and sure enough he’s spat with him as well a couple times. Carter? Him?

Man, that’s king shit. I hope when I check out I’m enjoying ice cream and giving zero fucks.

1 Like

How is there not a movie about Carter going into the reactor?

Seems like a missed opportunity.

1 Like