LOL Democrats: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

State courts may be rescuing NY Dems from their utterly failtastic redistricting process and allow them to try again.

Of course, this being the worst timeline, it feels like an appropriate spot for the new authority to review state court election decisions that SCOTUS asserted for itself in the Allen v. Milligan decision to make its debut.

1 Like

This ad seemsā€¦good? More of this. Paint Republicans as creepy old dudes, because they are.

https://twitter.com/cwebbonline/status/1680071525230321666?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/kyrstensinema/status/1682061654379446277

Looking forward to her not being a Senator anymore

Jesus Christ

She can do both? wut? She can do a plastic doll and a long dead physicist? wut?

Holy hell, a rare W for Ohio.

This is absurd, how is this person in Congress? Literally the only job in the world where you can be in a vegetative state and not get canned.

https://twitter.com/tjortenzi/status/1687080872950816768?s=20

Lol, does the POA mean she gets to vote in the Senate? (I know it doesnā€™t, but that is just freaking hilarious).

Why hasnā€™t anyone sat her down and had a serious conversation with her about how sheā€™s likely tarnishing her legacy irreparably? If she retired even like 5 years ago, sheā€™d go down as a legend. This is sad and honestly gross. Desperately clinging to power with 1 foot in the grave.

I understand thereā€™s probably a fair amount of elder abuse going on here but itā€™s difficult for me to feel bad for her.

I am afraid she is way past the point where it is possible to have a serious conversation with her.

1 Like

The entire CA Democratic party and voter base are to blame here. But also all of the staffers enabling this.

2 Likes

I get that there are some procedural reasons not to retire in the middle of the term in a closely-divided senate (GOP can block committee replacements etc), but if she had resigned as the new class elected in november 2022 was coming in, that would all have been avoided, right? Seems like that was a no-brainer.

She was a terrible senator before she lost her mind. This is just cementing her already shitty legacy.

3 Likes

Katie Porter is guaranteed to take her seat and would do 100000x a better job. This is the maddening part about it.

The way the CA democratic party is structured, itā€™s fairly impossible to win without their blessing (from what I understand anyway).

Wasnā€™t she okay back in the 80s? Think she was one of the first to take the AIDS crisis seriously.

Dianne Feinsteinā€™s daughter is old enough to be collecting Social Security checks.

Itā€™s on her family, Pelosi, Newsom, Cali Dems, Natā€™l Dems for not having her retire before the last election. Now the rumor is that Pelosi is advising her people not to retire now because Newsom said he would appoint a black woman to replace her. If that woman is Barbara Lee then that would hurt Pelosiā€™s horse Adam Schiff in the 2024 election. I think that her staff, her campaign staff and the consultants that worked on her 2018 election should blackballed from politics. But, the ā€œprogressiveā€ guy that gave her a good race in 2018 was one of the LA dipshits that got secretly recorded using racist epithets against a colleagueā€™s kids.

1 Like

Not Schiff? Maybe all the Cali Republicans would vote against Schiff in the general and that would help Porter if they were the two that survived the jungle primary.

Katie porter has wafflecrushed every election sheā€™s been in that Iā€™ve seen. Sheā€™s very popular. I donā€™t see any way she loses, but maybe Iā€™m naive.