Middle Eastern Conflagration, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Iran

Well I would argue with this being existential for them, given the massive technological advantages they have. So their perceiving it as such and acting accordingly isn’t justified.

Beyond that, I would question the numbers. We’ve got 9 dead, including an 8 year old girl, and 2800 injured in an attack on “hundreds” of Hezbollah members.

So we’ll go 999 Hezbollah members to be nice to Israel, and that leaves 1801 innocents injured. That’s a shitty ratio. Also did they really need to target hundreds? Why not 100 or 50?

It only works if you press the red button for all of them at once.

They self-selected the criteria by being the first people to use “secure” pagers for illicit communications since 1996.

Homie they’re part of a military organization/government in a hot war. They’re 100% fair targets by convention

I could get on board with talking about how this strike is creepy af or escalatory, but ffs if this strike is somehow a reckless disregard for civilian life then wtf are blindly sending rockets into civilian zones?

The difference is nobody is saying sending rockets into civilian zones is ok.

That is laughably not true. Hell it wasn’t hard to find people justifying October 7th attacks against the “colonizers”

People where?

College campuses.

So the dumbest 1% of college kids is what we’re going with here?

Nobody serious supports Hamas or their attack on 10/7, and pretending there’s support for them and thus indiscriminate Israeli attacks are a both sidesed issue is gross. This is like the John Kennedy playbook from that insane hearing with the woman.

of course it is, this is what they always go with, “oh yeah maybe the guys we have in actual power pulling the levers are implementing policy but HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED that this weird egg twitter account I found that has 14 followers also has a bad opinion??? GOTCHA LIBS”

Exploding walkie talkies talkies today? Unfortunately gotta imagine those blasts even bigger so going to be even more indiscriminate

besides wondering how they got the explosives into the pagers, my biggest question is how they even figured out that hezbollah was buying pagers for these guys in the first place? and then how they managed to compromise the supply chain that quickly, obviously they have a mole, seems like it’s probably a pretty small number of people who could have known about this plan early enough to act in this particular manner.

Thought I read that they made the switch because of concerns about them tracking cellphones so potentially that concern might have been somewhat manufactured or advocated for by an asset and Israel had all this stuff ready to go ahead of time?

Maybe the explosives are in the batteries themselves?

Yeah maybe, this post claiming even some fixed electric equipment blowing up

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1836445024235442477?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I was just answering the question of where one could find (large amounts of) people supporting the tactics.

I also don’t think the most ardent Palestinian activists are anywhere close to the dumbest college students nor the least effective organizers.

You said no one disagrees with the rockets being terrorism, that’s factually untrue. Lots of ardent anti-Israel literally frame this conflict as a fight against colonization.

I have a factual error for you here, CW: lots of Israelis think sending rockets into civilian zones (in Gaza) is okay.

2 Likes

Technically correct is the best kind of correct, right?

Nobody serious is supporting Hamas, but conveniently every time people criticize Israel for being too indiscriminate in their attacks with substantial civilian suffering/injury/death happening as a result, you’re here to point to the fringe lunatics as if it’s a mainstream view, using that to deflect criticism from a genocide.