Middle Eastern Conflagration, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Iran

Israel is able to pull off a massive operation like this in a hostile country but the best they can do in Gaza is indiscriminately level all of it?

2 Likes

This is 100% my take. If they wanted to polonium Hamas in Qatar go wild IMHO but you can’t just burn down cities

This attack didn’t have substantial civilian cost, it was absurdly low cost.

This is a fair criticism.

From what I’ve seen twice as many civilians were injured as Hamas members, and an 8 year old girl was killed.

Hamas? What?

Hezbollah. Point still stands. You’re cool with 2 to 1 (if not worse) civilians to Hezbollah members injured? You called this “absurdly low cost.”

I wouldn’t trust the number we have right now. I’d wait until we have something more reliable.

Yeah we gotta wait to see the overall impact but guessing civilians were pretty significantly impacted. Reading that it was discovered so Israel went ahead and pushed button so timing wasn’t optimized for any particular objective other than not missing their chance.

I am still very impressed by the accuracy of jewish space lasers

2 Likes

Care to cite this?

Lol

Already did in this discussion.

You haven’t posted a single link itt recently, and the only other post with a link is an AP report that doesn’t give a 2-1 ratio. Maybe I’m missing something but I simply don’t see it

It also would have been a lot easier to just, you know, post the cite instead of being a dick about it

Same old same old, assign homework and then disregard it immediately after the other poster wastes their time on it. Not playing that game with you.

There’s no outside source itt supporting your 2-1 comment afaict.

It would have been exceptionally weird to have a reliable number so early on for multiple reasons, and you, again, get emotional and refuse to be respectful when challenged

Anyways cnn reports here 20 dead and 16 being hezbollah, but these are from two separate sources (Lebanon public health and hezbollah), so no idea if that means 16/20 Hezbollah or 16 and 20 separately. Doesn’t seem like 2-1 is accurate.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/lebanon-pagers-explode-hezbollah-israel-09-18-24-intl-hnk/index.html

It’s possible 2-1 includes any casualty, but that’s harder to really get at. A 2-1 ratio when the Hezbollah guy carrying the pager is severely injured and the bystander has a laceration or perforated eardrum isn’t really a 2-1 ratio.

Literally took the reported numbers and split them out by subtracting the Hamas targets, it’s not complicated. You always argue the same way, it’s tired man. Always making the other person do leg work then ignoring it, it’s the Karl Rove online argument playbook.

And you can spare me the personal attacks.

Yeah I’m going to not trust your math when you can’t even keep track of who is involved. Feel free to show your work or anything

Lol never change buddy

1 Like

You’d have to define “serious” and “supporting” but tactically a lot of people understand why fighting back against Israelis by any means necessary is necessary.