Middle Eastern Conflagration, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Iran

Haven’t looked at anything but gotta assume Iran just gonna do their token missile attack to get shot down by Israel/US to reassure folks at home and move on?

It definitely seems to be a bit more serious than that but I also know nothing
https://x.com/Faytuks/status/1841161201738260661

Yeah, I got the same impression when I read this statement from the Israeli military

A spokesman for the Israeli military, Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, said a handful of missiles had landed in central and southern Israel, but most of them had been intercepted. There were no immediate reports of casualties, he said. He said the attack appeared to be over by 8:30 p.m.

I believe this happened earlier in the year as well and that the previous tome Iran had pretty much told Israeli leadership when they were launching the attack so that they can intercept. Hopefully that’s the case here again.

The media tone seems different this time. My concern is every time Netanyahu has had an opportunity in this conflict to escalate to a point where he can satisfy some of his deeply held long-term goals, he’s done it. Killing off the Iranian nuclear program is for sure one of those long-term goals, and this creates that opportunity.

yeah it seems like it because I flipped on CNN a couple of hours ago while making lunch and it was “Iran is about to launch a bunch of missiles”

Yeah reading more into this:

Unlike the April attack where Israel had days of warning to coordinate defenses with their allies in the region, Tuesday’s attack came with only hours of advance notice.

Up to Bibi now to see how much he wants to escalate. In April the Biden admin got him to have a symbolic retaliation effort, but things have changed in the last 6 months. For one, we’re going to have Trump encouraging Bibi to escalate so that he can win the election, damn the consequences.

:harold:

My guess is they’ll bomb the nuclear facilities in Iran, Biden and Kamala will urge caution and de-escalation, and Trump will yell “MOAR MOAR MOAR, BIDEN IS A PUSSY, WELL, KAMALA IS LITERALLY A PUSSY! CARPET BOMB IRAN!!! TAKE ALL OF GAZA!!!”

This will be a winning approach for Trump. The sexism will be a big hit.

And we’ll still have people claiming they can’t vote for Kamala because she’s so bad on it. :harold:

Seems like Iran at least claiming they done from their side. I’m sure Israel will blow something up next and then hopefully Iran will say they will respond on their own time or whatever

Iran’s legal, rational, and legitimate response to the terrorist acts of the Zionist regime—which involved targeting Iranian nationals and interests and infringing upon the national sovereignty of the Islamic Republic of Iran—has been duly carried out,” the Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the United Nations said in a post on X.

The right has spent the better part of 30-40 years bending the perception of reality in their direction. Dems have never gone tit for tat, at most defending the status quo. Now we’re stuck in a meta where for around half the country, the reality is whatever the GOP says it is. A third of the country thinks Haitians are eating dogs, Donald is tough on Iran and China and Russia, and Kamala and Biden are withholding aid from rural hurricane victims.

It’s basically impossible to fight back against that media machine, so all that’s left is a turnout battle.

No.

2 Likes