NBA discussion

Bucks/Raptors had to have played one of the weirdest games in NBA history tonight.

Teams combined to shoot 7/47 from the floor in the first quarter, Bucks led 90-69 with under 4 minutes left in the game and ended up in OT, Giannis with a 30/20/10 triple double, Bucks still pull out the win in OT with a game winning 3 by Grayson Allen and survive a game where half their roster looked like a G-League team.

1 Like

I forget, are you a Bucks guy too? Since you left UP itā€™s only been dlk9s.

DiVincenzo has been stellar for the Warriors so far, really glad we picked him up. Theyā€™ve been looking decent with Steph out (and through an extended Wiggins injury) - after a couple craptacular losses on the road, theyā€™ve won 5 straight at home entering tonight. Kuminga looks like heā€™s really committing to working hard on defense which is fantastic, heā€™s a natural and is athletic & long enough to be a terrifying defender if he wants to be. UP is now out of Dubs fans who might have informed them that Klay dropped 54 the other night and is now over 20 PPG on the season.

Their splits are pretty wild: 17-2 at home (best in NBA), 3-16 on road (worst in NBA). Two entirely different teams. So bizarre. Iā€™d love to see them figure this road stuff out and get back to being the greats we all know them to be.

oof, great but brutal ending to Warriors-Pistons tonight:

• Down 1 with the ball and ~20 seconds to go, Jordan Poole dribbles off his foot and turns it over with 7 seconds left
  • Warriors foul and Detroit makes both FTs
  • Warriors advance and run a great inbounds play that frees Klay for an open 3 andā€¦

ITā€™S GOOD!

And with 1 second leftā€¦

Well shit.

Warriors fans are out of control! The popular vote is so dumb.

I see zero faults in the image you shared except the number next to Austin Reaves

Oh god. I didnā€™t even see that. Maybe republicans are right and we should get rid of California. :slight_smile:

This Bucks team is just weird this year. Probably due to Middleton still missing a ton of time and basically being a g-league squad outside of their main rotation. Still managing to be a top team despite this, so hopefully they can be in the mix for a title if they ever get everyone back healthy.

Giannis is just putting up some wild stat lines too. Only 5 games in January so far and heā€™s already had a 55 point game, a 30-20-10 triple double, a game in single digits vs the awful Hornets and then this oddball 7 pts 19 Rebs 10 asts line tonight in a win. I donā€™t have any idea whatā€™s going on here.

Following up on thisā€¦

• Home loss to Pistons on buzzer-beater
  • Home loss to Magic, outplayed
  • Home loss to Phoenix, in Stephā€™s first game back from injury (first game in a long time with their full starting lineup) and against no Booker, no CP3, no Ayton

No longer the best home team in the NBA

:harold:

1 Like

Letā€™s play a quick trivia game. Was looking at active all-time NBA scoring leaders. Try to guess the spots I left blank in the top 15 without looking it up. Thereā€™s some that make sense to be in there, but maybe you wouldnā€™t guess the correct spot, and thereā€™s some surprises in there too. Also some names you would assume would be in there but arenā€™t.

1. Lebron

2. KD

3. Harden

4. Westbrook

5. CP3

6. Curry

7. Lillard

8. Giannis

9. AD

10. Kyrie

Is this total points or avg PPG per season? Iā€™ll throw in some bad guesses later.

Career total points

Without looking, Iā€™d sayā€¦

6. DeRozan
9. PG
10. Kevin Love
11. Beal
15. Kemba?

1 Like

2/5 correct and only 1 in the right spot.

Crazy that in 3 consecutive drafts, Seattle/OKC drafted 3 guys who are all currently in the top 30 all-time career points list and have all won an MVP, without ever having the #1 pick. And all they got to show for it was making a single NBA finals.

This is tough, I kinda came up with two categories of players - old dudes that have been getting buckets since I was in college, and more obvious choices, which got me to about 8 names:

6: Paul George
9: Derrick Rose
10: Bradley Beal
11: Blake Griffin
15: Klay Thompson

other names: Kyle Lowry, Lou Williams, Rudy Gay

1/5 correct and zero in the correct spot.

Answers:

6. Derozan
9. Rudy Gay
10. PG
11. Lowry
15. Brook Lopez

1 Like

:leolol:

1 Like

:vince2: