Police in America: Philly cop charged with murder

Figured I’d start this topic with this story:

https://twitter.com/rvawonk/status/1612125831614107648?s=46&t=lm3kfllBNOeiFVt3Dq-syA

Anyways that’s impossible. Cops charging people for their panic attacks now

1 Like

Lol, from the article:

So when my wife was in labor with our first child they gave her fentanyl. I guess we’re lucky it didn’t kill everyone in the room.

1 Like

I got fentanyl when I had a kidney infection on vacation in Mammoth. They said something about high altitude and it worked better but i was pretty out of it so I have no idea if I heard that right.

I use it all the time in the ER. It’s super fast on and fast off so if there’s an issue it doesn’t cause too much trouble. It’s less likely to drop blood pressure or cause an allergic reaction than morphine or dilaudid. It’s an absolutely fantastic medicine in critical care situations.

It also doesn’t aerosolize

3 Likes

Not going to lie, it seems it makes sense that all American citizens should carry fentanyl at all times. It is police kryptonite.

11 Likes

Memphis police beat a guy to death and it sounds like the release of the bodycam video (in the next ~week?) is gonna be really bad

• On Jan. 15, Police Chief C.J. Davis and Mayor Jim Strickland released a joint statement stating the officers involved in the incident have been served notice of “impending administrative action.” Davis also stated she reviewed “various sources of information involving this incident.”

I have seen in multiple reports that they are preparing for a huge protest response when it is made public.

You know it’s bad when this happens:

The officers, who were fired last week and accused of excessive force in a traffic stop, have been charged with second-degree murder, jail records show.

All five officers are Black so I’m sure that makes it easier to throw the book at them.

It’s got to be horrifying. The police are saying it was a violation of humanity.

1 Like

Mitt Romney marching with BLM bad I guess. If it’s legit a video of them just beating someone to death that might be worse than Floyd. It takes a special level of depravity to be able to murder someone with your bare hands.

The pictures of him in the hospital look worse than Rodney King. This is really bad.

I am prepared for a lot of DERP about the fact that all the officers were black.

I don’t understand how body cams / iPhones / etc haven’t been more of a deterrent to this sort police behavior. I guess I don’t know the stats on police brutality trends before/after bodycams but I would have expected bodycams to make more impact

“I was afraid for my life” doesn’t show up on camera.

Sure the cops can still say what they want but seems the cams / iPhones have led to charges/convictions when comes to it

ETA - not in every case obviously

Yeah, I agree, I was being cynical about Qualified Immunity and cop’s words being taken at face value. What is more horrifying is how bad where things before cell phones?

Yeah that’s kinda what I was wondering, like was so much hidden from public previously that current rate of brutality already a 90% decline or something?

I’ve wondered about this myself and I really think it boils down to cops being very dumb and cops never having ever been accountable before and not adapting quickly. Maybe in a few years we’ll see cops who are smart enough to not murder people in broad daylight.

Yeah it’s hard to comprehend. Would be like blackjack dealers routinely trying to steal large quantities of chips from a customers stack while they know they on camera