Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

East Pal-uh-steen, Ohio.

I feel like I’ve seen this movie before…

1 Like

so, is this a roofers scam? or a lawyer scam? or insurance cos not inspecting the claims closely enough? or is this insurance execs choosing to fight the claims in an expensive way and passing the costs plus margin to customers?

and what does this have to do with desantis? i was under the impression an ill-advised deregulation law precipitated the surge of such scams.

Dark Brandon shooting down UFOs now.

“Mr. Kirby said the object was traveling at 40,000 feet. He said officials were describing it as an object because that was the best description they had of it“

Way too many buildings just crumbled during this earthquake

Seems like they are describing this thing shot down with weirdest language. They just not wanting to use word balloon because people will assume it was same things as prior so trying to differentiate?

—-

ABC News Chief Global Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz first reported that when fighters were scrambled, the pilots did visuals, got images and said there was no sign the object had propulsion.

It was described as “cylindrical and silver-ish gray” and seemed to be floating, a U.S. official said.

Asked if was “balloon-like,” the official said, “All I say is that it wasn’t ‘flying’ with any sort of propulsion, so if that is ‘balloon-like’ well – we just don’t have enough at this point.”
——-

1 Like

aerial flotation device

They think not calling it a balloon will keep FOX from roasting them on shooting down a balloon…they are wrong

Canada has uncle joes back

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1624166817831739406?cxt=HHwWnICzjbPHmYotAAAA

1 Like

ok now i think it was probably an alien

1 Like

that makes it sound like NORAD told them to take out santa claus. no xmas next year kids.

I’m just saying, it all connects!

1 Like

What a time to be alive. The US shot down a UFO over US territory and it’s in the LC news thread!

3 Likes

I find the balloon stuff hilarious. Adding an s to this thread brought me joy

1 Like

we don’t know it’s plural yet jfc

Ha then make it (s?) and make my day

1 Like

that’s better

wow i’ve never had this trust level before. I feel so powerful now.

1 Like

(Twitter has pointed out was shot down over ice not liquid water so may just be making up those quotes)

3 Likes

Fuck it I want to believe