Stocks Thread (A/K/A STONKS THREAD)

Yep, looks like carry trade unwound and panic ensued.

All that hype and it’s just a normal correction?

Welcome to the best coast though! Hope your move went well.

2 Likes

Thanks! Loving it out here, about 90% moved in so far but already really enjoying the sunshine and vibes.

4 Likes

Nikkei now up 10.5%

1 Like

What part of west coast?

LA area

1 Like

https://x.com/maiamindel/status/1820629854544449864?s=46&t=45vgHoZvsEXz2aWNi8tmcw

S&P 500 futures up 1.3 percent (fell 3 percent today).

KAMALA BOUNCE

You were looking for something more affordable than where you were and that is where you wind up?

1 Like

I was looking for somewhere that we could earn enough to get ahead, our earning potential is highest here both in nominal dollars and, we think, in buying power (top 3 at least and crushes the others in quality of life).

1 Like

Gotta imagine Texas poker > FL poker > CA poker, but politically it’s not close

1 Like

Or the weather. What’s humidity? :sunglasses:

We’ve had a bit of a heat wave here since I arrived, it hit 76 or 77 with minimal humidity one day.

I’m with you so far.

LOL WAT!

You might want to check out some real estate listings in the LA area.

I’m talking overall cost of living. My wife can basically cover close to our cost of living almost everywhere as renters, so then the only question is where can I make the most money the fastest relative to both housing prices to buy and amount we can save for retirement.

There were realistically only three options, LA was second best at current bankroll but offers the best opportunities to climb and the best quality of life.

And easy drive to Disneyland!

LA seems expensive but not impossible as a renter (compared to NYC which is a total disaster as either).

My guess is that moving to LA will payoff big in the long run. I’m a big believer that young(ish) and early(ish) career people should situate themselves in major economic centers. It just creates so many opportunities to get lucky in ways you cannot plan for.

5 Likes