Television & Movies

Has anyone here watched this movie recently? I didn’t know this was a thing:

It’s an incredible film that holds up. There’s nothing to even analyze, it’s just a dope-ass movie.

1 Like

if crowe does not butcher at least one song in it, i am not interested

1 Like

I never got past episode 1 s2 but was such a huge fan of the old school movie that I felt I had to see if I could watch the rest of it. I am not sure what free tv channel has it, and I will probably spend no time looking at it.

I am on deals w hbomax, peacock, and apple+ right now so I have more stuff than I can watch to get to. I won’t mourn the loss too much. I did enjoy s1.

First year in forever that I haven’t seen a single movie in any of the major categories. I watch so few movies these days. I just started a movie earlier, got ten minutes into it said “pfft” and put on a reality show.

it’s definitely a thing

https://twitter.com/darkhorizons/status/1551097462936715264

1 Like

:vincelaser:

May 30!

2 Likes

watch party time

4 Likes

I feel like this could be improved with a collection of hasty, one-line premises from various sources.

In this house, we believe
Oceans are now battlefields
Somehow, Palpatine has returned
The president has been kidnapped by ninjas
All your base are belong to us

2 Likes

I’m at like 0.5 seen for this year, i don’t know why but i have almost no desire to watch new release movies anymore. When i start browsing i usually land on something old I’ve already seen.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. It would have benefited a lot by being less pretentious (the last 15 mins? Come on) and tighter. Still a very good movie though.

Târ was one of the best ghost stories I’ve ever seen, I will die on this hill.

caught up on TLOU. honestly don’t get the hype. much of it was a slog for me. I’m mostly watching because people will talk about it.

I did summer stock with Brendan Fraser 100 years ago and somewhere have pictures of him very stoned wearing a necklace of chicken livers as was the fashion at that time. True story.

1 Like

TLoU Finale

Best part was when they were on the way back to Wyoming. PP and BR did a great job playing how creepy and fucked up it is that Joel, after potentially dooming the world, NEEDS Ellie to be a replacement for Sarah.

Joel’s trolly problem decision itself isn’t as interesting or important, but FWIW I’m team Joel on that one. Marlene dumped baby Ellie in a place that she and her followers would be destroying if their plans work out. And then when she finds Ellie again she plans to kill her for a potential cure without asking Ellie. After promising her best friend that she’d take care of Ellie!

2 Likes

Yea I’m kind of in that boat. It’s decent but not great imo. There just doesn’t feel like there is any continuity between episodes, and it all feels rushed to conclude each storyline in each episode.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think much of this trolley problem. The firefly’s decision making here is super faulty and I can make an equally compelling argument that Joel is saving the world from their ineptitude in this spot.

WTF

Did they mention the recent passing of Burt I. Gordon?