Television & Movies

The captain can walk in anywhere on the ship, it’s his ship. You could be right, the Star Trek universe didn’t spend much time talking about sex stuff, probably because it was a sure fire way to piss off the network standards people.

1 Like

Riker fucks for sure

2 Likes

Of course, but if you just walk in on Riker in the holodeck you better be prepared to see some freaky shit.

It seems very clear that “accidentally” walking in was part of the erotic game they’re playing.

2 Likes

There’s an episode in s2 where they imply data has sex with someone and all I remember is someone saying that he is “… fully functional”

Data gets laid in the second or third episode of the first season

I was at the perfect age to remember the Data sex scene, that is perma-seared into my memory.

I forgot to mention that while Riker and Picard are arranging a threesome, everyone else is abandoning ship because of an emergency. Somehow Riker and Picard get left alone on the ship like Home Alone, this episode is amazing.

@beetlejuice should review and rank every TNG episode

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to subject anyone to a rewatch of S1 of TNG.

2 Likes

WESLEY CRUSHER though

The unions are handing out waivers to indie movies like hot cakes to indy studios as big as A24. This is getting interesting.

If I had 500M I’d already be on the phone with a bunch of bankable writers / movie stars looking to do 1-2 25M budget movies (big backend participation so the stars work for guild minimum up front).

This is unironically an incredible moment to open a new movie studio. Being a scab works both ways lol.

2 Likes

Eh, doesn’t seem unreasonable to me. A24 has some legit inide films that happen to have a union star on board. They’re not the problem here.

I’m not calling A24 the problem, they got approval from the union. I’m saying that A24 is a huge problem for the studios here. Basically it’s tangible evidence that they do not have the ability to simply take their toys and go home… people will keep making movies and probably tv shows that other people will want to watch…

The studios and streamers have very little leverage. Bob Iger was the one being unrealistic.

1 Like

AI may actually be the thing that kills the big studios. What if some dude in his basement can whip up passable AI sets/costumes/music/etc and make his own indie superhero movie? From Carnival of Souls to The Room, there’s always been weird little micobudget movies getting made.

2 Likes

BTW this is from the same ep. Riker was just wilding that day. lol, Geordi is PISSED.

2 Likes

Yeah I genuinely think the last thing they should want is any significant time window where smaller movies are opening against nothing from them. Any financial successes that stem from that will be instantly reinvested in infrastructure that harms their moat.

I really really really don’t think they should be shutting down production.

Most of the generative AI is just predicting a few words ahead in a sentence which makes it difficult to write stories that have set ups and payoffs. With virtual scenery elaborate sets are within the reach of many more people making movies. At the end of the day you still need good writers for a story, good actors to make it interesting to watch, and directors who can tell a story.

1 Like

Man the Oppenheimer reviews are universally orgasmic. Haven’t looked forward to a movie this much in at least a decade.

I hear it ends with a BANG

Sounds incredible but no freaking way I’m watching a three-hour movie in the theater.

1 Like