Television & Movies

again, why do people keep saying this? They absolutely can make human writers rewrite AI scripts. There’s an entire section in the agreement memorandum that gives guidelines on how that should work. Even with specific examples!

This is why we’re saying it.

Being a screenwriter is already a borderline impossible profession, it’s going away completely if AI is allowed to produce shows. Literally every movie is going to be soulless AI crap that’s just barely good enough for the lowest common denominator and actual art made by people is going to be a fringe arthouse phenomenon.

this is the meat of the AI section which is not very long at all. The main point seems to be that human writers will receive writing credit if they modify GAI material. Good! but it doesn’t really stop all the stuff people are saying it does.

They need WGA members to vote to ratify this so it makes sense why the WGA would be making claims about what this agreement does to paint it in a more favorable light. To me it looks like what they got isn’t what they wanted.

I’ll take the other side here and just full on 3-body-problem it: if human writers are pooping out soulless “vehicles” like Red Notice constantly, lets maybe give “AI” a chance at it because it probably can’t do worse.

2 Likes

I’m reading that as:

1. They can’t pretend GAI content was written by a human
  2. They can’t assign the GAI content to a writer as part of their salaried job
  3. The GAI can’t be given credit so can’t be used as source of a show with WGA writers on it
  4. They can’t fire you for not using GAI material
    Then they say, if you do re-write a GAI produced script, you’ll get paid the same as if you wrote the screenplay. If you re-write a script that was re-written by a human from a GAI script you get paid the same as if you re-wrote any other script.

So writers can use GAI material if they want to, but it 's a tool that doesn’t cost them any money or credits.

I’m serious when I say every show is going to be AI slop, they’re coming for the shows you like as well. No one is going to make Andor when you can churn out 1,000 AI shows that do 10% as well. Quality just can’t compete with that kind of mass production. No one is going to become a talented professional writer if there aren’t jobs, like generations of institutional knowledge are going away.

If I recall correctly, it’s because Tarantino’s longtime film editor passed away. Django was his first time using someone new and it shows how important that prior collaboration was to his final movies.

Killers of the Flower Moon is an absolute masterpiece. 10/10

1 Like

I’m hoping the setting makes it fresh for me. The Irishman was like watching paint dry to me. I left thinking “tighten it up, Marty”.

I’m on a tribal roll and have lived in Oklahoma my whole life and it was fresh to me. Watching Bobby and Leo speak Osage is a trip. Really glad the Osage Nation had such a big hand in making this film.

It isn’t a very tight film, but the distinct nature of it keeps it fresh throughout the runtime, unlike the played out mob environment in The Irishman

Thanks. The Irishman was good but derivative of his previous (and other) mob movies. Since it wasn’t “fresh” I would have appreciated it being more like 2-2:15 tops.

Since The Irishman came up, random question…

I perceived that the movie was hinting at a gay relationship between De Niro’s character and Jimmy Hoffa. Did anyone else get that?

Listened to an interview with the director recently. This should be a good one. Funny story from the interview, apparently the working title of the movie was “Fuck” until he realized what would happen when people tried to google “fuck movie”

1 Like

https://x.com/netflixgeeked/status/1723084366136459576?s=46&t=45vgHoZvsEXz2aWNi8tmcw

Who in the world is Sam supposed to be here

1 Like

god they’re gonna fuck this up so bad

Wang Miao, maybe? Seems from the cast like they turned a bunch of Chinese characters into other nationalities.

Some trash marvel movie bombed this weekend, for the love of god stop making stupid ass comic book movies

finally finished foundation S1, just terrible, really just an awful season finale, extremely boring, lee pace is literally the only reason I’m still watching

literally the worst possible use of Jared Harris I can even imagine, what a fucking irritating character