Television & Movies

S2 was better. But still not sure worth it outside the Cleon story line (which is pretty good actually).

Psycho-history=Psycho babble

The biggest disappointment at the end of S1 is that the then-current brother day had the big revelation and was open to some sort of reinvention and … now we’re just gonna drop that and jump 134 years into the future to kick off s2? Fuck off.

I feel obligated to bump:

Yeah, on top of my other complaints I think the S1 Brother Day(s) were a lot more interesting and multidimensional than the S2 one.

“The Killer” was…fine, I guess? Waste of a Fincher movie.

Just finished it and I liked it a lot, way ahead of the usual 3/4 action movie on Netflix. We need more of these smaller movies.

(The 3/4 action movie is when a streaming company tries to make a Hollywood big budget movie but only spends 3/4 of the money on it and it’s just off.)

1 Like

I liked it too, Fassbender was so good. Found it really gripping the whole way.

1 Like

Finished S1 of Winning Time. I really liked it, and all the condemnations about its unrealistic portrayal of people seems hilarious after watching it. Who cares? The Lakers were & are larger than life, and they need a television show that’s larger than life.

This scene is wonderful, and did not make me think anything less of the real Kareem because this is a television show, but it made the real Kareem mad. And everyone got in a twist over Jerry West’s portrayal as a high-strung, depressive alcoholic but uh he is hilarious and one of the best parts of the show. And the actors for Magic and Kareem (Kareem’s is a former Cal basketball player with no prior acting credits!) were fantastic, John C. Reilly is fantastic, it’s telling an incredible piece of sports history with an amazing cast…I can’t believe this only lasted two seasons (fuck you Zaslav).

1 Like

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1727334146991689892?s=20

I mean, there’s only like two memorable lines from the entire show. It’s either that or “whatever.”

2 Likes

This. Given the cultural blast radius of this show it should have waaaaaay more memes

I just dropped “I’m the eldest boy” years to my wife and mom the other day, there’s a lot of good ones in that show.

edit: and my wife and I say “I’m sorry if I summoned you with my bell” to each other all the time (season 1 Greg)

I feel like there’s a bunch of cousin Greg moments that should be memes that I can’t easily find online

Could go a lot of places but sticking it here

All the good stuff is in the first 3 minutes or so of the embedded video.

Bravo, Bobby, Bravo

2 Likes

Monarch

Thru e2. Having fun. How the fuck is Kirk Russell’s character only about 70 looking when his ship went down in roughly 1943 on his second tour, making him roughly mid 90s in 2015

Ah the show is in on it. There is a mystery afoot.

Succession is overrated, yeah I said it.

2 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

It’s visually boring af, whole story arcs just go nowhere. It might have been a decent 1-season story but man it’s a chose getting through the whole thing.

this applies to sooooo many shows lately

The plot is basically irrelevant.

I’ve been bithcing about this since House of Cards. British TV had the right idea: give 'em like one season with about a dozen episodes or so, force tight script writing with things that pay off. Shows today meander because they have to crank out too much content.