Television & Movies

As a Warriors fan I’m obviously contractually obligated to watch this, but I think it’s actually…pretty good? Steph is actually a good actor, his magnetism carries over to the screen very well and his acting doesn’t come across as forced at all (which is better than I can say for, say, Kenny Smith in Hustle). It must be extremely disappointing for the rest of the country to learn that, long after he is done haunting the rest of your teams on the basketball court, he may invade Hollywood and haunt your television sets.

The premise of the show is the weakest part; it’s very obvious they started from a place of “so how do we make a show around Steph Curry” and here we are. But after an episode or two I feel like that doesn’t matter so much.

1 Like

Saw the first 2 of these last night. Pretty good. I’m not a Vince Vaughn fan, but he isn’t too bad as a down on his luck cop solving crimes in the Keys. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

(Me sitting on the couch playing with my phone for days while my wife watches six thousand episodes of some vampire show)

(Big battle during series finale)

Me (looks up from sudoku finally): who is this guy? what the fuck is going on in this show?

1 Like

Jesus the big battle isn’t the climax there is some big bureaucratic proceeding with vampires bitching about parliamentary procedure or some shit

2 Likes

What We Do In The Shadows has the absolute best vampire fight scenes.

1 Like

My wife has decided to start binging Felicity and I’m sort of half watching and my thoughts so far

1. when is Keri Russell gonna kill one of these motherfuckers and stuff them into a suitcase

2. dang i knew the village was a lot grittier in the 90s but wow

1 Like

Season one GOAT.

I also go wait wat with the back half of season four. It’s JJ Abrams foreshadowing what kind of movies he’d later make.

Y’all should watch Alias next. It’s basically Felicity if she were a spy.

Preach!

1 Like

Where are my Master and Commander superfans? The Terror on Netflix is worth checking out.

This menedez brothers thing on Netflix is fucked up. First episode was a little more graphic than I was expecting

this new season of slow horses is primo. this guy playing the first desk bozo is killing it, just masterful

1 Like

It’s Baltar from battlestar galactica

And yeah this season has been great

In related news, they ate this dude’s face off in real life, holy smokes I do not want to be an Arctic explorer.

I skimmed over this before, but I do meet that description…

I’ve got the show on my list, but will wait to watch it until colder weather. Seems like it will work better than if it’s still sunny and warm outside.

The book is good too; I’ve read it a couple times (a little guiltily, Dan Simmons has some pretty racist, Islamophobic writings out there).

Speaking of books, if you’re into O’Brian (Aubrey and Maturin, aka Master and Commander) style historical fiction, I also recommend the “Sharpe’s …” books by Bernard Cornwell. Sharpe is an army guy, not navy, but there is a lot of nitty-gritty particulars of daily life at war for a Napoleonic-war era soldier.

1 Like

Drew Magary reviews Megalopolis: “It’s a piece of shit”

Maybe that quote can go in the next trailer.

1 Like

Jesus christ E4 was off the charts.