Television & Movies

For not-so-current releases, it also has Glory, which MrsWookie and I watched in honor of Juneteenth. Truly excellent movie. I couldn’t believe it didn’t even get a Best Picture nomination

2 Likes

If you like killin’ Nazis and a lighthearted caper movie you’ll love The Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare. Guy Ritchie’s latest action movie. No gray areas to make you think about how the baddies are treated, just shoot shoot shoot, stab stab stab, like combat in the original Destiny! A fun summer movie.

1 Like

So Manic Cop 2 was way better than I expected.

1 Like

The Bear season 3 quick review with no spoilers.

Absolutely loved the first two seasons of this show, but season 3 was largely a disappointment.

Still moments of brilliant tv in there. Episode 6 is beautiful and the finale thankfully gets back to the heart of what made this show so good. But the rest is a muddled mess.

2 Likes

episode 1 was great, I’m 3 or 4 in and loving it.

Guess what, Maniac Cop 3 rules school

2 Likes

Season was good, will be very hard to make a bad season with what they have cooking. But, I don’t feel like much actually happened. Lots of color and good background stuff tho. B+.

emmy noms dropped, big numbers from The Bear and Shogun as expected, I was a little surprised to see how many noms Slow Horses and True Detective got (though for different reasons, I thought Slow Horses had just gone unnoticed as most Apple TV shows have and that True Detective was panned more than it apparently was in reality)

2 Likes

I didn’t know Shogun had been renewed, that’s great news.

While I loved Shogun I liked that it finished with the end of the source material. Hope they have some good writers to keep it going.

John better still need an interpreter.

Mr & Mrs Smith nominated. Brings the whole process into question.

At his rate of improvement he’s probably about a year away from being the foremost expert in the Japanese Language

The Instigators on Apple TV is pretty solid. Matt Damon and Casey Affleck have good chemistry together and the ridiculousness is just grounded enough to be plausible.

1 Like

Does Casey do anything more than mumble?

Sometimes he passes out, or drinks beer. Sometimes not even in that order.

Manchester by the sea I wanted to kill myself by the end. And it wasn’t because of the ending reveal.

2 Likes

Go on…

He mumbled and moaned through the whole movie. Granted made sense for the character but not in any way enjoyable to watch. Just not my cup of tea. I see how others might like it more than idea.

1 Like

No I agree. Casey is the lesser of the Affleck brothers, and I don’t think Ben is that good either.