The Convictions of Donald J. Trump: lol

Dogshit for the price for sure. I always imagined it as one of those places where the food is slightly (ok maybe very) unseasoned and a protein light entree costs 75 bucks.

Not surprising, but Politico pulled the data and crunched the numbers:

Trump’s strongest fundraising days followed his legal troubles, and the hauls are huge

The fundraising numbers demonstrate just how tightly Trump’s legal problems are intertwined with his presidential campaign.

Trump used each indictment as a major fundraising opportunity for his 2024 campaign and a chance to hammer his claim that he is being unfairly targeted by the justice system. And his base of supporters responded.

The mug shot produced Trump’s best online fundraising day of the year in terms of both unique contributors — more than 65,000 — and dollars raised. Trump’s six top fundraising days of the year were all around either the time of the mug shot or his first indictment in New York in early April.

The above Politico article was linked from this Seattle Times piece (non-paywall link):

Tithing to Trump: Some WA residents donate to him every other day

There’s a school custodian in SeaTac who donated to Donald Trump 172 times last year. She sent Trump some money just about every other day.

There’s a retiree in Pullman who gave Trump’s fundraising operation small amounts between $4 and $44 so many times — 165 times — that by the end of 2023 it added up to nearly $4,000.

And there’s a self-employed handyman in Shoreline who started pushing the Trump donate button so hard beginning in July — sometimes giving 40 times in a month — that by year’s end he had sent $2,253.

Of all the unusual aspects of the Donald Trump phenomenon, the one I find the most perplexing is the zeal with which his supporters continue to send him money. Federal campaign finance reports, released this past week for the second half of 2023, show that they’re often working-class or retired folks who engage in what amounts to a near-daily Trump tithing, often in $5 or $10 increments.

I wonder what percentage of those daily tithers got scammed in to recurring donations unknowingly and are either too dumb or too embarrassed to fix it.

1 Like

Straight to scotus or any further stops between?

Federal Appeals Court Rejects Trump’s Claim of Absolute Immunity

Let me introduce you to en banc review. 45 days LOLOLOL

Supposedly they left a booby trap. Ask for the en banc and the regular try proceeds. No stay during the en banc appeal.

Or roll the dice on scotus granting a stay and taking the case. Lollawbros say scotus ain’t touching this one.

Lol, bull fucking shit. They are absolutely granting cert. And they aren’t expediting it. This is not getting tried before the election. He’s either president for life or ending up in jail. There’s never been any middle ground. And the odds right now ar pretty strongly in favor of president for life.

PredictIt
Biden 47c
Trump 45c

Polymarket
Trump 53%
Biden 36%
Michelle Obama 6%
Newsom 2%

I haven’t found anything other than predictit that shows 1:1, the betting sites echo the polymarket odds

Saw headlines about Trump in court and it’s the hush money trial. I had forgotten about that one. Truly wild how many different instances of criminal/civil wrongdoing by Trump to keep track of

The rule of law keeps on winning

https://x.com/awprokop/status/1758156637829771760?s=20

WITCH HUNT!!

As legally shaky as the Manhattan case is (on ultimate appeal), I’d say there’s roughly a zero percent chance that 12 jurors from Manhattan vote to acquit him. His best case scenario is a hung jury, but it’s possible we might get our first convicted felon president in 2025!

I thought this trial was going to take place in March and take 6 weeks or so?

As mad as I am at the Georgia prosecutors for putting any shadow of doubt on their conduct it is pretty amusing that ultimately the complaint Trump is making is really saying that he is ostensibly getting prosecuted by less competent people than he should have been if they had not showed favoritism or whatever

Yes, why?

I don’t think it’s that. I think (at least If I was the defense attorney this would be the argument I’m making):

1. Fani Willis is only prosecuting my client because she is making millions by funneling money through her lover to herself by reason of this prosecution;
  2. Since this is my defense, she is disqualified because I want to call her as a witness, etc. or something along those lines, to raise that to the jury that ultimately tries my client. Not sure that’s what they’re going with though.

oh shit i just misread it lol

It is pretty incredible between like the Fani Willis thing and the Cal Cunningham thing (Was that his name? NC Senate candidate.), how often Democrats have people in highly important situations who fail to avoid the corruption/keep it in their pants/whatever for like the most important 12-18 months of their careers.

Like, I know humans do stupid shit and succumb to temptation all the time, but holy shit people, hold it together for like the one year you really have to.

2 Likes

This one especially demoralizing to me because even if your ultimate goal is going to be grifting your way to riches and running off with this dude or whatever, just work hard for like 2 years and then your going to be a household hero to half the country regardless of how trial turns out unless you clearly and obviously were a selfish dick and here we are

1 Like