The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 1)

( truth (lol) | raw text )

Guess we know now what the debt ceiling fight will be about.

1 Like

I dunno, republicans could probably bring some dems onboard with raising the debt ceiling in exchange for defunding the FBI.

Have the statute of limitations gone by? Seems like a long time ago.

I don’t understand how/why they are bringing federal charges in the NY jurisdiction. isn’t a judge going to immediately throw this out?

It’s a state offense to falsify business records for the purpose of committing a crime. It is, as far as I can tell, untested as to whether the crimes being covered up by the falsified business records must themselves be state crimes or if they can also be federal. Bragg says federal crimes are fine. Trump’s team will say no. We get to find out what the courts think in about 15,000 years.

2 Likes

I read awhile ago that the statute of limitations is paused while Trump is outside NY, which is most of the time.

1 Like

that makes more sense, thanks

yea we didnt got him.

Plus he continued to take actions to cover this all up a couple of years into his presidency.

They seem to have backup plans for both the SOL and underlying crime pieces (they filed their taxes as though legit business expenses, both state and federal). Also lowlawtwitter thinks they will add charges to Weisselberg related to this which should get him to flip the rest of the way not that he got a taste for jail.

Leaving yelp reviews on your arrest lol

2 Likes

They are not. They are bringing state charges. One of the elements of the state charges are that you were covering up an underlying crime. That’s the federal one

1 Like

It was paused during COVId

It seems like there are two issues there. One is whether a federal law can satisfy the qualification here for the underlying crime. Seems reasonably likely it can. However, can you prove a federal crime was committed if that federal crime has never been charged, let alone convicted? Does Bragg have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the crime was committed even though he can’t prosecute it? Is this even a thing?

It’s going to be the “This is a crime but Garland is a coward,” argument?

Regardless, I’m pretty sure I know how Clarence, Samuel, Brett, Neil and Amy feel about all this. And I’m pretty sure that counts as another TOTAL EXONERATION!

But that may be fine, it may cause him enough problems in the mean time to matter. And he did the thing and the thing is wrong and the thing is a crime, and be did a bunch of other wrong things that are crimes so fuck him.

They can also argue they were paused during his presidency. Otherwise a presidency is a get out of jail free card for all crimes with a SOL under four years.

2 Likes

(image TRUTH)

Lol rough 24 hours for Daniel Kelly. Loses, whines like a little punk in his non-concession loser’s speech, then Daddy Donald shits all over him. Working very hard, thank you, goodnight!

Donald Trump has claimed to be 6’3", 239 pounds - and posts fake mugshots that say he’s 6’5".

No surprise to anyone here, it’s leaked from his arrest that he’s 6’1", 270 pounds - and that’s after he looks like he’s lost some weight. He was probably 6’1" and 300+ in office.

1 Like