The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 1)

All these “he wants to be indicted because it helps his campaign” are too cute by half. That’s bullshit. Nobody wants to be indicted.

One of the things I’ve learned reading about Watergate and living through the past 40 years is that part of what Watergate did was give everyone a false idea that the system works and the terrible presidents get kicked out. It’s a feel-good story even though presidential scandals almost never play out like that.

Maybe the worst outcome is Trump getting dinged on some dumb hush money charge and everyone thinking the system is working while evading any real consequences for election fraud or stealing nuclear secrets. And hell even the Stormy stuff took four years? There’s just no point in a system of checks and balances that doesn’t kick in until long after a corrupt POTUS has left office.

4 Likes

I for one am deeply concerned about the DEATH AND DESTRUCTION that’s gonna happen today!

( truth (lol) )

1 Like

^^ basically what Michael Hobbes says. NYT really wants to frame this as the system of checks and balances kinda sorta working (or at least still under test) when it’s plain that democracy was tested over and over for four years and democracy lost.

Trump Club of St Johns County has some thoughts on “INDICATED”

Apparently they think the Dems want another Jan 6.

New rule: you can’t charge a case that’s never been charged before. CHESSMATE, LIBS!

I feel pretty bad for this judge.

I think he might have done INDICATED on purpose, simply to avoid having his followers actually see the word indicted next to his name.

Actually, I feel bad for the judge, the court officers, the DA, the court clerks, the stenographer, and literally everyone else who is about to be thrown into this shitshow.

They’re going to be getting daily death threats.

1 Like

That’s probably a routine thing for most of the people involved.

Whatever they’ve dealt with, you can amplify the volume and credibility considerably.

Death threats on a daily basis? No, that’s definitely not routine. People don’t usually go after judges. That’s a thing that Trump started.

This thing where judges never actually punish him for constantly defaming and threatening them needs to stop.

There’s going to be a gag order, he’s going to violate it, and there need to be real consequences for that.

1 Like

It’s a federal court, right? Surely the mob and narcos and whatnot must be making threats on judges all the time.

It’s a state court. These are state charges.

Edit: And no, the mob and narcos making threats against judges, even federal ones, isn’t a thing. Crimes against judges because they are a judge is pretty rare.

Well cool, sounds like MAGA chuds can stall this indefinitely with bomb threats and violence and who knows what if they really want to.

Which is more likely, Trump spends one night in jail over this, or Trump gets reelected and throws Bragg in jail?

• Trump
  • Bragg

0 voters

1 Like