The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 2)

He’s motivating his hardest core supporters, but he’s losing independents bigly.

two things on this

1. if he gets to dodge the “will you sign an abortion ban” question because “it will never get through congress” then he can’t even complain about this

2. normal non-100-millionaire americans are already subject to taxes on unrealized capital gains (via property tax)

2 Likes

Well, I’m not sure there are really very many true “independents” out there. So, I’m not 100% convinced he’s wrong. He’s probably wrong. But I don’t think it’s a lock.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-is-safe-following-gunshots-his-vicinity-says-campaign-2024-09-15/

Another attempt. Yikes.

Law enforcement officials told a news conference that they apprehended a suspect who was spotted by U.S. Secret Service agents with an AK-47-style assault rifle outside the Trump National Golf Course. Secret Service agents fired shots, and the suspect fled in a black SUV.

How do we know this isn’t simply a law-abiding American exercising his second amendment rights?

1 Like

Bold Strategy Cotton.

Dude shot at a former president, missed, fled in a car, and was taken alive?

Dude must be translucent.

So Trump got shot at and it’s only the second worst thing that happened to him today? (His own Taylor Swift tweet has to be #1)

Can someone tell me if this guy fired a single shot or not? I’ve read it both ways.

I read that Secret Service fired multiple shots so there may be a lack of clarity on whether they fired all the shots or it was simultaneous?

Hats off to the Secret Service by the way, really good couple months for them! I mean, at least this guy wasn’t out on the course with a caddie carrying his guns like, “You think it’s an AR-15 or should we go AK-47?”

But seriously how does someone stroll up to the fenceline with an AK-47?

Second amendment. Can’t stop them.

You don’t see these shooters with AK-47s as much, I think they’re fairly pricey to own?

I thought you weren’t supposed to be able to get them in the US?

I was curious about that, here’s what some website says

4. Can I legally buy an AK-47 in the United States?

As for American wannabe AK owners, it also depends on what state you live in. In general, however, a true AK-47 has a fully automatic setting, which is illegal in the United States. Models with semi-automatic settings are available and legal in the U.S. Manufacturers cannot make or import fully automatic weapons for the civilian market.

But you can still legally buy a fully automatic AK-47. Because this is America.

Any automatic weapon fully registered before May 1986, with the passage of the Firearm Owners Protection Act, can be purchased or sold. This means there is a market of an estimated 175,000 legal automatic weapons in the United States. The limited legal supply also means that one of these rifles can be wildly expensive – not to mention the stiff Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives oversight and a $200 excise tax.

But if you can afford $10,000 for a legally automatic AK-47, $200 is likely not going to bother you.

Yeah that sounds right, I remember there being a loophole but they’re hard to get. The Iran stuff coming up at the same time is kind of funny, like it would be a silly inverse Argo style dramedy if Iran was trying to get Trump by trying to turn American wing nuts into well-armed but poor-shot would be assassins. Sorry guys, Billy Ray missed, guess it’s Jethro’s turn now!

1 Like

( truth (lol) | raw text )

7 Likes

Welcome to our community, Taylor! Would you say you and Trump have bad blood? At what point would you say you knew he was trouble? Why do you think he can’t shake it off?

And most importantly, when are you and Beyonce performing together for Kamala?

4 Likes

I don’t think he shot at Trump, I think the eagle eyed SS agent saw his hide and fired his pistol from way outside effective pistol range and the guy fled the scene. There is no indication he even saw Trump.