The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 2)

When experts expected 2.3% and it comes in at 2.4%, that’s HOT baby!

The chart from this Yahoo finance story makes it look like they’ve been pretty successful in bringing inflation back down but what do I know. If nothing else, it should be impossible to run seriously on a platform of “crushing inflation is at levels never seen before”. :harold:

inflation

The Post has a more reasonable framing:

Inflation eased slightly in September, as election nears

Prices showed more cooling in the latest consumer price index, but not as much progress as economists hoped for.

Inflation continued to cool in September, extending a trend of easing price increases and an improving economy that has yet to convince many Americans, with the election nearing.

The consumer price index fell slightly to 2.4 percent in September from a year earlier, according to the Labor Department, missing economists’ expectations because of less progress on food prices. Still, the annual rate hasn’t been this low since Feb. 2021.

archive

the US was never in the TPP, it never was in effect for anyone

100:1 that trump couldn’t actually articulate a single difference between the two

maybe? like, what, corporate welfare?

( truth (lol) | raw text )

Today, I am also announcing that as part of our TAX CUTS, we will make interest on car loans FULLY DEDUCTIBLE…

Well here is a new one

My gut instinct is that this does not benefit anyone earning more than 80% of the median salary and who already has a high interest home loan. With the standard deduction at $29k for families, it’s a high bar to get to itemizing deductions.

windmills

Larry Kudlow: “The Kamala ‘BUZZ’ is long OVER!”

oh yeah, for sure. that’s why the complaints about the “weaponized DOJ” and the which hunts etc work on these people. So why water that down by crying about some nobody talk show host making a joke about you?

interesting strategy

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1844447321024541065

“KAMALA HARRIS IS GOING TO SIGNIFICANTLY RAISE TAXES”

Is it just me or does he look more grayish orange than orange now?

(image TRUTH)

:chart_with_upwards_trend:INFLATION UNDER KAMALA​:chart_with_upwards_trend:

Matt Levine has written a couple times about the possibility of arbing Polymarket against other markets which have Kamala a little higher to win, and noted that there’s potentially a good market reason for the price disparity because Polymarket’s contract resolution is “decentralized” and probably easier for MAGA losers to game in their favor even if Trump loses :leolol:

RFK prolly giving him that colloidial silver