The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 2)

It’s exactly what happens when moderates want to vote blue, but they think Biden sucks.

Democratic pollster, been around for a while. Poll was via text messages to cell phones, so not sure if that’s good or bad in this context.

Full results:

Trump 39.7%
Biden 31.6%
RFK Jr 6.5%
Someone else 4.6%
Unsure 15.3%
Not voting 2.3%

(image TRUTH)

( truth (lol) | raw text )

Buddy that poll is bullshit. 11% of people aren’t voting third party gmafb

10.1% of people voted third party in 1996. It’s not out of the realm of possibility, especially with a Kennedy running third party.

But I understand that everything that’s bad for Biden is bullshit in your opinion.

Man I’m super wound tight about other things, can you not do shit like this? It’s not personal, and you would put the odds of PA voting >10% third party as quite small.

Any poll that shows RFK at some spoiler percentage needs to be taken with massive grains of salt. He’s not even close to getting on the ballot yet in a lot of states

Biden running 6 points behind Casey is not good, but 16 undecided in the Pres poll and 25 undecided in the Sen poll mean it could get a lot better.

edit nm, I’m late to the party

Absolutely refuse to parse polls for the next 8 months. Hard pass.

2 Likes

What the polls are correctly picking up is that virtually nobody thinks Biden should be President again and people are making that loud and clear to anyone that asks.

Doesn’t tell us what they are going to do when it actually comes down to Trump or Biden in November.

2 Likes

Sure, but can you not do shit like acting like anyone who thinks Biden is a bad candidate, at high risk of losing, too old, etc is an idiot? It’s a valid point of view plenty of intelligent people have, and you brushing it aside dismissively is every bit as rude as you think my post was.

I think a poll like that right now can easily be accurate for current opinions, I think a lot of those people end up picking a side or staying home, but they’re paying for Super Bowl ads, there’s serious money behind RFK. 5.7% nationally went third party in 2016, I could easily see this going over that number. It was 4.4% in PA.

I don’t think that… but arguing that PA poll somehow would justify having to remove him from his candidacy now is ludicrous. And the fact is that going through a primary process at this point would be a disaster for democrats.

Well, yeah, he should have announced he wasn’t running like a year ago, but now here we are. They’ve only awarded 2.4% of the delegates and we’re two weeks away from the next primary (Michigan) and three weeks away from Super Tuesday. It’s tight, but it wouldn’t be a disaster at this point. At the end of the day, Democrats would be a near lock to come out of the process with someone with higher favorables than Biden and with a clear youth advantage.

It’s quite possible the real disaster for Democrats is letting Biden be the nominee uncontested.

“Trump Triumphs in Pennsylvania“

I’m much closer to your side than CN’s on this issue, but I think I disagree with this.

It’s too late. To go from “I’m running” to “Nah, it’s a bad idea” so quickly without a really good reason would definitely be a disaster.

1 Like

“Joe Biden’s Chances vs. Donald Trump ‘Slim at Best’: Major Pollster”

It would be a disaster for Biden, but that doesn’t reflect poorly on Newsom or Whitmer or Shapiro or whoever. It reflects poorly on him and his staff. We’ll get some Dems in Disarray stories for a week or two, but it’s February. Those are completely irrelevant.

NATO Countries have to pay up. They’re making a mockery of the U.S.A. Since my Statements on NATO, they’re all starting to pay again!

All 3 of those people you named have endorsed Biden already. It wouldn’t be a great look.

Plus there’s the chance that the Democratic machine would make Kamala the nominee. That would be a massive downgrade for electoral chances.