The Musical Hot Take Thread

I don’t think you’re off by much, but this was 2006:

1 Like

Wait until you hear my “the Foo Fighters are a one hit wonder” take!

That definitely underrates them a bit. But nothing else in their history is anywhere near Everlong.

1 Like

Unlike the chili peppers the foo fighters have 2 good songs not one, and of course the pepper’s good song is a cover.

There are a lot of bands out there who would kill to have even one song as good as My Hero, Stacked Actors, Monkey Wrench, MIA, or Learn to Fly.

2 Likes

I think both the Foo Fighters and especially the RHCP are a bit overrated, but LOL at thinking they only have 1 or 2 good songs each.

Did forget about monkey wrench, good song, was thinking of all my life which is an absolute banger. I stand by my assesment of RHCP. I was 15 when Nevermind etc came out and loved all of that stuff but could never stand Kletus or whatever his name is, garbage.

grohl seems like a massive prick

Based on what? I’ve always thought he seems reasonable, sincere, good-natured, down-to-earth, even humble. I guess it could all be a carefully managed public persona but that would be disappointing.

1 Like

all the courtney love drama

What’s your one good RHCP song? Looking through their list of singles I picked out 5 where I was like “yeah that was a pretty good one” and none of them are covers afaik.

Nirvana (the band) is overrated. Just because you start a trend doesn’t automatically make you the best at that trend.

3 Likes

He’s probably talking about Higher Ground

Actually think Nirvana still holds up pretty well. Pearl Jam though… oof.

This is my favorite Nirvana song and no one ever even mentions it. Yeah not a lot too it but damn heavy for 1992 or something.

That’s your one good RHCP song? Under The Bridge did nothing for you? The entire Californication album?

Man, really?

You are definitely bringing the HOT TAEKS today

3 Likes

californication :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Scorching take

RHCP have a bunch of different songs, I don’t get it.

Californication is their worst album. The title track blows. Scar Tissue is awful. Otherside is only slightly better.

Parallel Universe is great though.

2 Likes