The Non-political ANGER THREAD

I don’t plan to have kids, but I get the appeal if you can burden the insane financial costs. My niece, who was fostered from 4 months old and eventually adopted is one of my favorite people in the world. I’m the father figure in her life currently and that bond is so insanely special and unlike anything else. And we share no genetics. I can imagine it’s even more powerful when you do.

So I get it. But the financial and freedom expenses to having and properly raising a child are wild. I can barely afford myself, let alone another human being who would be entirely dependent on me to survive.

When I get old I plan to take my kids on trips and give them house down payments and tell them their partner is the greatest person I’ve ever met even if they are a Vivek Ramswamy clone. Being able to do these things motivates me way more than the thought of buying more shit for myself.

I’m never going into a nursing home, period.

2 Likes

That’s all good but forgetting the last step that 99% of olds trip up on. Agreeing that their political opinions are spot on.

Yeah this.

My biggest fantasy for a long time was to live my life again with the knowledge that I have now so I could “do it right”. But if a genie appeared before me and gave me that opportunity with the caveat that I would never know my kids, I’d turn it down without a second thought.

1 Like

Sounds great!

Even better!

WTF? Why? Not sure I can bring myself to do this.

Because you’ll never win and are almost certain to alienate them. Also they will be more likely to leave a bad relationship if you haven’t crapped on it.

2 Likes

For the gold standard that one can reasonably aspire to in Western society, the in-law suite. A lot of people have children that would sincerely love to do this for them but it’s the relationship with the son/daughter in law that is the potential dealbreaker/road block.

This is pre-ass wiping time only though. All bets are off once ass wiping is required.

Nurses who all called out “sick” because it’s the Friday before Christmas leaving us short throughout the hospital can go fuck themselves.

junior tested negative today

4 Likes

Do you have sick days that reset at the end of the year? My company does this. I still have all of mine and I’m scheduled to work through Tuesday. I could take a sick day every day and on Jan 1 it will all be the same. I took one yesterday because I was legitimately (but mildly) sick. I’m not trying to do that on Christmas but every other day my standards are going to be a bit lower.

It rolls over. They’re just being shitty. They’ll all show up this weekend when it’s bonus pay for the holiday. They’ll all take off the day after Christmas when it’s back to normal pay.

If that’s the case, I guess it could be “fixed” by offering bonus pay for Friday and Tuesday. Depending on how short you are on those days, it might not be the worst solution. After all, humans gonna human.

Do you get paid for it when you leave? If so, probably worth keeping it maxed if you can. We’ve got pseudo infinite PTO so not much point not using it. We also have a soft close next week so as long as nothing comes up I’m just monitoring email.

The unlimited PTO is a scam so that they don’t have to pay out accrued PTO. When my job here ended I was in the first year as unlimited so it turns out they had to pay me out for my 5 days carryover from the prior year. Otherwise it would have been $0.

3 Likes

They’d just call out those days then. It’s a problem every year everywhere I’ve ever worked.

The other problem is that we used to quickly call in people with incentive pay. Problem is that a few bad actors figured out how to game that system. They’d have a call out buddy always available for their shift, and vice versa, so that they’d be working at 1.5x and 2x regularly. We don’t do that anymore in response. It’s annoying.

I must not be understanding the problem. You’re saying that they will come in today, tomorrow, and Monday for bonus pay, but if bonus pay was extended to include Tuesday and yesterday, then they would still call out on those days?

The other problem is a bit more challenging to solve. I guess it depends largely on the details of who will be called when the need arises.

They would call out Wednesday and Thursday

OK, I guess I misunderstood the incentive for calling out. I assumed it was to do Christmas/holiday stuff, which I’d have thought would be mostly over by Wed/Thurs.

In the festivus spirit, I felt this thread needed some activity.

Having spent the last two weeks having to travel through the Southeast US, I can thoroughly say that it’s all one giant shithole.

Also @Jman220 why do you go to Disney World so much? Their new tagline should be the most miserable place on earth.