The Presidency of Not So Jacked Up Joe Biden: We Beat Medicare!

This is about what we’re doing.

I mean, I’m at like 14k per kid and where I live is pretty cheap.

Bookmarked!

1 Like

Is the day care affiliated with the hospital you work at? It is probably subsidized in some way.

That’s just 4 hours of care…. I mean, my youngest is in day care from 8 am to 5 pm so now your numbers are starting to make more sense. How much would a full day of care cost you?

We pay $25/hr in DC. That both a) adds up very quickly to a lot of after tax dollars b) is a bargain to pay someone you trust w/ your child who has to pay for a high cost of living themselves.

Sure, but my point is that not that many people make $33/hr or higher pretax, and that’s before accounting for dropping the kids off before your commute and picking them up after. The fact that you have to make $70K a year just to break even on working means more stay at home parents.

Yes, when you actually have children, conservative lifestyles make a lot more sense. One child is borderline but caring for several is a massive job and kind of insane to expect to outsource it for less than the cost of having one parent do it themselves. Ditto for making living near family a massive priority as well
as sacrificing culture for a much lower cost of living.

1 Like

Yeah, we would seriously consider having an au pair when the time comes if we can afford it. It’s about $21K a year plus the cost of food for the au pair, so maybe $26K. It’s right in the range of what people are paying for child care, but you are getting one-on-one/two/three care, your kids start young learning a second language, and you can expose your kids to other cultures early.

Unfortunately the programs can be pretty exploitative, but it largely comes down to the host family. Some manipulate the au pairs and get them to work extra (beyond the allowable amount) at rates that are way too low, others are fair and treat them well and gift them extra money or help pay for travel and such so the au pairs can see more of the US.

But at the end of the day, if you’re fortunate enough to have enough space to host an au pair, you can probably get better care and a very different (imo probably better) experience for about the same cost.

And that’s all for one kid, it’s definitely cheaper for 2+ kids.

Uhhh wut?

IMG_1910

1 Like

Get some salty intern to dunk on everything Trump posts, see how many times they can get Truth to ban the White House’s account.

1 Like

I would have done this already. Triggering the conservatives is +EV imo. The left should be absolutely invading these people’s spaces the way the right invades everywhere else.

4 Likes

Now imagine some families have more than one kid

I had an au pair for a year

With an au pair you’re also proving a bedroom and bathroom, usually they’re going to want access to a car and a phone plan, host family is going to cover adding them to car insurance if not buying a beater for them to drive. There’s also increased utilities (at least for me the electric bill went up quite a bit).

If you factor in those things and think of the rent you could get for the room you’re providing to the au pair it’s a lot more like 40-50k depending where you live.

We should prepare a compilation of proposed responses to Trump truths and hand to Joe with an icecream cone at a campaign event

2 Likes

Don’t forget the Letters to Penthouse potential.

Biden heading to Israel and Jordan on weds to meet with bunch of regional leaders, between this and Ukraine/NATO stuff he has been quite the international diplomacy president. Just mind numbing when you get polling saying people would trust Trump better with this stuff

Yeah there is real value in this shit and it just means nothing electorally.