The Presidency of Not So Jacked Up Joe Biden: We Beat Medicare!

As I think about it for a minute, besides things like plumbing, you’d need internal walls. Also, I think you need to make each apartment have a window to the exterior. Ok, nobody said this was going to be easy. You have the building, make it work.

ugh, how do you get the trash out? Are the floors going to be able to handle this excess weight. Ok, I tried.

The entire building is designed and setup to be an office building. It has hundreds of high speed internet ethernet ports, thousands of electrical sockets more than code, has different code for insulation and cooling, as well as different parking standards, etc etc etc. Simultaneously the plumbing situation is going to be a huge problem.

It’s a zoning nightmare and a legit expensive project to convert them into apartments that aren’t worth that much money compared to what the office space was worth.

Probably should still be done, no idea how you get to a place where it pencils out though.

You mean what the office space was worth when they could rent the office space. What else to use unfillable office towers for? Giant Internet cafes?

Pickleball courts

1 Like

It’s not easy to convert office space to living quarters. You need more walls, more full bathrooms, more windows, balconies, etc.

2 Likes

It can cost as much or more to convert an office building into apartments as ground up construction.

The cost to build for rent housing in NYC is so outrageous that developers can’t make money doing it without tax incentives. The legislature just passed a new incentive bill but it doesn’t do enough. Meanwhile rent controlled apartments might be worth less than zero because rent increases are capped regardless of expense growth. The NYC housing crisis is only going to worsen.

Seems like a big deal:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/20/politics/save-student-loan-plan-july-payments/index.html

Also:

bump

1 Like

After last night’s debate, who would have a better chance of beating Trump?

• Hillary
  • Biden
0 voters

Ok maybe I need to take a day or two, chill out, and reset my panic brain.

Newsom, Pete, and Whitmer would have like an 80-90% chance. HRC would have like 25-30%. Biden has 15-20%.

I think Hillary is way closer to zero

I mean I could get behind like Biden 5% and Clinton 7%? I think she has more equity than Biden because she can coherently make points.

But her emails. BENGHAZI!!! Uranium one(?). Monica.

Vince. Fucking. Foster.

Literally nobody thinks Biden has a better chance than Gavin / Whitmer etc.

We’ve seen this a million times, these geriatric narcissist fucks would rather crash the plane in the cockpit then let the pilot in 2B take over.

Was with you until here. I’d rather go with the person who has beaten Trump over the one who didn’t, even despite last night.

(I obviously agree that neither of those options are good.)

the problem with this is that 2020 joe biden isn’t one of the options. you only have 2024 joe biden.

1 Like

Ultimately the decision to replace him should have been made months ago, but here we are.