The Right's (and centrist/liberal media's) war on trans people

They have colleges in Montana?

Don’t disrespect the Bobcats!

My aunt lived in Bozeman when I was young, she got me a Bobcats sweatshirt and I thought they were super cool. Billings is the largest city in MT and is super red but Bozeman (Montana State) and Missoula (U of Montana) were both Biden counties.

Yeah, Bozeman is actually a really nice and at least somewhat liberal city.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The state house rep for my previous district in Oklahoma is a non-binary Muslim.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/lucasabc17/status/1655748129084276738

“My family is directly impacted by the legislation being considered in our state, that takes aim at LGBTQ+ family and students,” Sasser said on Monday. "As a family, we have made the difficult, and necessary, decision that Missouri is no longer a safe place for us. We will relocate out-of-state by the start of the next school year.

(this is in Columbia, where the University of Missouri is)

This is going to further polarize the country geographically, which will further play into the radical wing of the GOP’s hands, unfortunately. But when we’re considering where to relocate to, this type of stuff (for us treatment of immigrants and womens’ rights) is necessary to consider.

1 Like

“Since you have never, ever mentioned women’s sports prior to today maybe we can focus on a topic you aren’t just piggybacking on to score useless points. I see your social media feed is covered with pictures of you holding guns. Just how much money did the NRA donate to you last year?”

1 Like

It really all comes down to these guys being afraid of hitting on a trans woman and finding out she was once a man.

Its 30 fucking years later and the scariest horror movie of all time to these people is The Crying Game.

2 Likes

Can you imagine having “persistent and intense” anything and not being able to get treatment for 3 years? Thats monstrous.

“Doc, I’ve been having persistent and intense pain on the right side of my abdomen for about 3 days now.”

“Sorry to hear that Bob. Call me in 2026 and we will get you scheduled for an appendectomy.”

Passed through here on my drive from TN to Seattle. Its beautiful too, an absolutely stunning city.

I listened to this podcast ep below this weekend

and one of the points I think it made really well is that trans healthcare is also cisgender healthcare. Children are prescribed puberty blockers for lots of reasons, but using them for trans children makes half the country freak out. Thousands of teenage girls get breast reductions or breast implants, but trans children getting (significantly rarer) surgeries like these subjects them to a litany of psychiatric evaluations that other people do not have to deal with.

1 Like

Apparently the bud light boycott is… working? I’m shocked at these numbers:

The most recent decline showed a deepening of losses after a drop of some 23% the week prior compared to a year ago and a roughly 7% year-over-year drop for the week ending on April 9, soon after the boycott began, the data showed.

Meanwhile, sales of rival beers have surged. Sales of Coors Light jumped almost 23% over the week ending on May 13 compared to a year ago; while sales of Miller Lite climbed 21% over that period, the data showed.

It’s one thing to be generally contemptuous and bigoted toward trans people, but feeling strong enough to actually make changes to your established routines reflects a deeper fear and loathing.

Or maybe it’s just confirmation that all low-end light beers are just interchangeable pisswater and everybody knows it.

Yeah, I imagine it’s as much to do with the interchangeability of shitty beer as it is a deep fear of the other.

It’s one freaking Tiktok ad that you would only have seen if you were following Dylan Mulvaney’s feed, this is one of the top five dumbest moral panics this year.

2 Likes

Sometimes, with boycotts, you see people on the other side going out of their way to buy the boycotted product. I guess we found the line liberals won’t cross with Budweiser beer…

2 Likes

don’t worry I’m still a loyal customer

According to the story, “everybody’s mad”. Apparently LGBTQ advocates and liberals are are also unhappy because the company backtracked and capitulated to the bigots so fast.

I’ve bought the Bud Light Seltzers does that count?