The Right's (and centrist/liberal media's) war on trans people

They’re interchangeable, and their target demo is going to skew heavily towards low income men 21+, which is going to have a big chunk of deplorable white men.

The anti-woke army is mad at Miller Lite too (for an ad from…2 months ago):

But I guess this one hasn’t really broken through to the public consciousness if their sales are up. The boycott of Bud is super revealing when you look at what they’re mad at: they paid an influencer to promote their product on her channel. That’s as loose of an association as you could have! The Miller Lite ad is far more “woke” (it’s put out by the company and explicitly repudiates the way beer has been sold for decades with a feminist critique!) but the right is really putting their cards face up by being far more angry about Bud, like, acknowledging trans people exist and might want to buy beer.

Target decides to pull a Bud Light and piss off both sides.

Overheard at the poker table today:
“I used to only drink bud, but not anymore. Not after the shit they did, I’ll never drink it again. We really do need trump to get back in to make all this shit illegal.”

That’s an exact quote.

If youre larger than a size 0 you are trans now I guess. Would that be…trans fat?

Side note: fuck these ignorant assholes so much. It’s utterly mind boggling how insane the bigoted right is.

2 Likes

Where can you even shop if Meijers is too woke for you?

1964-Purchase-Street-Spinner

I saw this person! There are so many obviously lgbtq+ folks working at or attending Disneyland that he didn’t even strike me as likely to be famous or controversial, but I forget at times that the world is shitty and crazy, and the right has to manufacture bogeymen.

Makes me feel better about the two online Disney communities I post in that this wasn’t even reported on / commented on there and I learned about this on SPE.

71 y/o Clinton appointee with a fucking banger of an opinion on Florida’s new anti-trans law

“But I was told that all trans people were obvious genetic male perverts that wear a wig and a dress. I’m confused about this new type of person, should I hate them too?”

1 Like

I’ve gotten this far with transphobes. At this point they’re quite happy to put up and say they they don’t acknowledge it. Anyone who thinks that is mentally ill. Here’s how the convo goes with the most rational ones.

Me: So if they’re mentally ill what do we do?
Them: We treat their mental illness.
Me: How?
Them: Psychotherapy and/or drugs
Me: You realize that plenty of them have tried those things and they don’t work. So let’s say we try that stuff and it doesn’t work? Can we do gender affirming care then?
Them: Not if they’re kids. They can wait until they are adults.
Me: So what if they are so anguished they commit suicide while they wait
Them: That’s a chance I’m willing to take.

I’m paraphrasing, but that’s pretty much how it goes.

AZ chalking up a win. Elections matter, at this point it’s primarily about keeping republicans out of power. Hobbs is hardly a AOC-style progressive, but she can’t help but be light-years ahead of DeSantis or Abbot, or god forbid, Kari Lake.

On the other hand, my city made the national news last week and not in a good way.

2 Likes

Teen Vogue is a big audience for the boss

1 Like

I need the full backstory on how Teen Vogue became one of the better political news outlets.

Unfortunately the 8th circuit probably has something to say about this, but good W

5 Likes

Get in line for the dunk contest, but you’re going to have a hard time topping this one.

https://twitter.com/badinfinity2/status/1672946075609513987

2 Likes

Seven Republican attorneys general (from a real murderer’s row of great states: AR, ID, IN, KY, MO, MS, SC) sent a letter to Target warning they might be breaking obscenity law (lol) and fiduciary duty laws (lolol) by selling vaguely pride-themed merchandise (lolololol):

As the chief legal officers of our States, we are charged with enforcing state laws protecting children and safeguarding parental rights. State child-protection laws penalize the “sale or distribution . . . of obscene matter.”1 A matter is considered “obscene” if “the dominant theme of the matter . . . appeals to the prurient interest in sex,” including “material harmful to minors.” Indiana, as well as other states, have passed laws to protect children from harmful content meant to sexualize them and prohibit gender transitions of children.

Target’s “Pride” campaign and financial support to organizations such as GLSEN not only raise concerns under our States’ child-protection and parental-rights laws but also against our States’ economic interests as Target shareholders. Target’s directors and officers have a fiduciary duty to our States as shareholders in the company. The evidence suggests that Target’s directors and officers may be negligent in undertaking the “Pride” campaign, which negatively affected Target’s stock price. Moreover, it may have improperly directed company resources for collateral political or social goals unrelated to the company’s and its shareholders’ best interests.

(I laugh because it’s too dark to do anything else)