Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

People pointed this out on Bluesky - the NYT has quoted the same “undecided voters” in Pennsylvania, a couple named Bob & Sharon Reed, in five articles this election season. Let’s look at how they have evolved!

June 28: ‘It’s Frightening’: Democratic Voters Worried by Biden’s Struggles in Debate

So they’re Republicans, but maybe have misgivings about Trump. Hmm, okay.

August 8: Undecided Voters React to Harris’s V.P. Pick

We get a picture of them now!

This is the vessel through which the Times wants to tell us the story of the 2024 election.

August 18: To Undecided Voters, Harris Is Famous, but Unknown. They Want to Learn More.

Only now, on their third mention, do we learn Sharon is a former Trump voter!

And we get another photo! The Times fucking loves these people.

August 23: What Voters Outside the Democratic Bubble Thought of Harris’s Speech

Sorry, now they were both fucking Trump voters? Are you fucking serious? And ANOTHER FUCKING PICTURE WHAT THE FUCK

September 10: Pundits Said Harris Won the Debate. Undecided Voters Weren’t So Sure.

Now that the rubber is starting to hit the road, note how any mention of the fact that they were Donald fucking Trump voters in past elections is scrubbed from the story. Nope! Just a couple salt of the earth Real Americans flummoxed by the choice presented to them!

Jesus fucking christ

3 Likes

And they’re confused on who that is? lol

The people spouting this nonsense now are so fucking full of shit. Like, sure, that was a reasonable take when the nominee was basically falling asleep during the debate. But now it’s a generic Democrat with a pulse who speaks coherently. These people are sooooooooo disappointed in the two nominees, by golly, it’s such a shame they’re going to have to vote for Donald Trump again but the Democrats didn’t nominate Dick Cheney, so, fuck it!

1 Like

:vince1:

Completely eliminating consumption of shit like that has made me noticeably happier.

I hope she can get through the programs that don’t help people like me?

No wonder our education system is in the shitter with teachers like this.

Education is fantastic in like the wealthy parts of the 30 largest cities. This country is basically completely segregated by class.

https://x.com/theliamnissan/status/1834694850878619976?t=uXWwENml5bjm2MwtRUmYUA&s=19

https://x.com/theliamnissan/status/1834981776353046548?t=BOmxq-X-V0atLrrWAvEoIg&s=19

2 Likes

jbouie wrote a very good article like usual:

The right got really mad on Twitter!

This may shock you, but the Times caved to their anger!

The gall to call that “violence inciting” a day after Vance’s lies resulted in multiple bomb threats.

2 Likes

Imagine being JD’s wife right now.

Lay down with dogs….

She could have said no and otherwise made her opinion know. Silence is acquiescence.

She knows who he is. She clerked for the worst of the worst.

1 Like

Wait, that’s a real photo?

I’m pretty sure it is fake.

Pretty sure she posted an original that’s the situation in the photo, but Liam Nissan shopped it to make Trump look way fatter.

Did CNN really use it?

Yes, I’m pretty sure that’s true. They attributed Liam Nissan.

Was it a story about fake photos, or did CNN get duped?

:point_right: thread title

1 Like

It’s good to see they’re not only duped by Republican operatives posing as undecideds in diners, at least.

1 Like