2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Best:

:letthemfight:

ever:

1 Like
3 Likes

Youtube is… becoming alive, apparently. Obviously its because I listened to the album there lately but for it to suggest… this… reimagining of one of my favorite albums, but also, one of my favorite songs from a different artist is uh interesting.

https://twitter.com/ATRightMovies/status/1674024858391556099?s=20

4 Likes

Gross

Gee I wonder why

Well maybe 20 full years where the military’s job is to sit and be targets was bad for morale. Who woulda thunk it?

yeah gonna be weird and meta and say I’ve had an incredibly entertaining last few hours of my life. S tier stuff here.

In…Duluth?

No I drove back thank god. And got very drunk obviously.

1 Like

Pulled a lot of weeds yesterday and now I’m basically dead. Fuck I’m old

Lol youre not old. I think you could pull weeds and not hurt like hell for a very long time if you wanted to.

1 Like

Fine. Fat and out shape. Thanks

:grinning:

Officially a partner at my company now!

Uhhh don’t tell my wife she gets way more money if I die now.

11 Likes

Congrats!

After some of the things you posted about during the height of Covid, I’m sure your colleagues feel it’s well-earned.

1 Like

Mazel Tov!

1 Like

otoh holy shit the financial requirement to buy in… It’s worth it but fuck me.

1 Like

always be a karen with airlines

Today’s grammar musing: I know there’s a term for this but I’m not going to google it… Basically it’s when someone writes down a common saying but gets it wrong by substituting a word that sounds the same. Examples: “tow the line” (should be “toe the line”) or “shoo-in” (should be “shoe-in”).

A new one I saw today is “suped-up” instead of “souped-up.” The funny thing about a lot of these is that you can mentally make them make as much sense (or more sometimes, especially if you don’t know the origin of the phrase) as the original.

This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder about how language works to “create” meaning in our minds. Interesting stuff (to me at least).

1 Like